Jump to content

Hobby Airport Hotel w/shuttle


Recommended Posts

We booked the Hilton Park and Stay package for our upcoming cruise. It includes shuttle to the cruise port. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this rate?  I couldn’t find any information online. Also, how far is the walk from the ship to rideshare pickup area (Carnival). One of my group has difficulty walking distances. 
thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you mean a Park and Stay package in Galveston? Any of the hotels around Hobby are likely to only have a shuttle to the airport. Or do you mean having a shuttle pick you up from a hotel near Hobby to take you to Galveston and back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dctravel said:

Do you mean a Park and Stay package in Galveston? Any of the hotels around Hobby are likely to only have a shuttle to the airport. Or do you mean having a shuttle pick you up from a hotel near Hobby to take you to Galveston and back?

 

This is the package offered on the hotel site. I’m hoping that it works out to save a couple bucks on an Uber to the port. 


Park, Stay and Go

 
 
Change or cancel up to 1 day before arrival. Includes parking for up to 7 nights and shuttle to and from airport or cruise port. Parking limited to one vehicle per room and shuttle for each registered guest. Please confirm schedule with hotel.
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NewtoCruisewKids said:

We booked the Hilton Park and Stay package for our upcoming cruise. It includes shuttle to the cruise port. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this rate?  I couldn’t find any information online. Also, how far is the walk from the ship to rideshare pickup area (Carnival). One of my group has difficulty walking distances. 
thank you!

 

The problem is the difference between the subject of this thread - Hobby Airport Hotel with shuttle - and seeming to indicate you are referring to a Galveston hotel. Are you flying into Hobby or driving to Galveston? FYI, Hobby is at least 40 miles from Galveston. We need to understand exactly what you are doing before we can make suggestions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are flying into Hobby airport the day before our cruise out of Galveston. We originally planned to Uber to a Galveston hotel, spend the night and then Uber to port.
With the Hobby airport hotel there is a free airport shuttle and the package rate indicates a shuttle to the cruise terminal. I haven’t found any reviews in the boards for a similar experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see the deal at the Hilton Galveston: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/glsgihf-hilton-galveston-island-resort/offers/park-go-2000000053/

 

The closest full service Hilton to Hobby is north of the airport. I do see the same language on the Hilton Garden Inn Hobby website (https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/houmrgi-hilton-garden-inn-houston-hobby-airport/offers/park-go-2000000053/), but I would doubt they mean the cruise port, and rather Hobby itself. The details says “select airports or cruise ports”

 

As Texas Tillie notes, Hobby is 40+ miles from Galveston, it seems like the Park, Stay, Go would be for the airport, not the cruise port 40 miles away. I would call the hotel to reconfirm everything. 
 

dctravel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NewtoCruisewKids said:

 

This is the package offered on the hotel site. I’m hoping that it works out to save a couple bucks on an Uber to the port. 


Park, Stay and Go

 
 
Change or cancel up to 1 day before arrival. Includes parking for up to 7 nights and shuttle to and from airport or cruise port. Parking limited to one vehicle per room and shuttle for each registered guest. Please confirm schedule with hotel.
 
 

 

I would assume that this includes a ride only within the hotel's local area, and Hilton's uses this standard language for this particular package code for all hotels near an airport or cruiseport that wants to offer a parking and shuttle package. 

 

I would also assume that the hotels near one of the Houston airports will shuttle you only to the airport, and the hotels on Galveston Island will shuttle you only to the cruise port if you book using this package/rate code.

 

I very seriously doubt that any of the hotels in the Houston and Galveston areas will shuttle you to both... or your choice of the airport or cruiseport.  This is due to the fact that the distance from Hobby Airport to Galveston is approximately 40 miles and from Bush to Galveston is approximately 70 miles. 

Edited by loanshark
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I’ll give them a call and see what my options are. I originally planned on an Uber from the airport to the Galveston hotel that I reserved so it won’t be a problem if the transportation to the port isn’t included. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Set Sail Beyond the Ordinary with Oceania Cruises
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: The Widest View in the Whole Wide World
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...