Live Chat????

lahlah57

*Something* has definitely changed in regards to "chat" starting about 3 or 4 months ago.  Nobody seems to be able to do any good using that method.  I used to rely on it heavily since you *used* to be able get through fairly quick.  Not anymore, according to reports.

We may all being experiencing the same issue.  The last few times I thought to try "live chat"  all it did was count down from 60 or 70 something to 1 and no one ever was on the other end. Just type yes if you are still there. I have given up and won't bother to call Princess or try "live chat" any more.  A lot of information can be gotten here on CC and even on other social media sites.  What I can not figure out on-line myself I will now contact my travel agent.   I do not love the "new" Princess.  YMMV.  Please no flaming.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lahlah57 said:

I called princess and in 20 minutes time had what I needed resolved.

DO NOT BOTHER WITH LIVE CHAT!

What number did you call?  The main number 800-774-6237 ?
TA may have access to better support, but the main number is staffed by overseas workers (could be contractors) who have limited knowledge and access to the system.  They mostly read from a script and frequently need to consult with a "supervisor".
I think the "live chat" may be staff similarly.  Support has definitely went down hill.
Princess if you are listening: BRING BACK AMERICAN STAFF FOR THE CALL CENTER.

• Like 1

I did live chat a couple of weeks ago. Both new and old app showed platinum and should have shown elite. I have a cruise coming up the end of April and wanted my medallion to show elite. So, I tried live chat. I answered yes for 32 minutes when someone said hello. It took 40 minutes to get my medallion ordered as elite and within a week both apps showed elite status instead of platinum. Yes, I spent over an hour on my computer, but I had stuff to keep me busy. It worked for me. I just hope I won't have to do it again for a while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

I did live chat a couple of weeks ago. Both new and old app showed platinum and should have shown elite. I have a cruise coming up the end of April and wanted my medallion to show elite. So, I tried live chat. I answered yes for 32 minutes when someone said hello. It took 40 minutes to get my medallion ordered as elite and within a week both apps showed elite status instead of platinum. Yes, I spent over an hour on my computer, but I had stuff to keep me busy. It worked for me. I just hope I won't have to do it again for a while. 

I was on for an hour with nothing  but a load of "yes"! 

I called and 2p minutes from start to finish so I can have medallion mailed to me. Why does the app not allow for that simple mail to me feature. 

Live Chat wasted my time!

On 2/10/2024 at 12:30 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

100% agree...should be no reason for "flaming" on *this* topic!

This topic is NOT flame worthy except towards princess and their cost cutting nonsense!