Ovation/Encore PH Suites 1023/1025: Accessible or Not?

notjaded

Appreciate any comments from those who may have stayed in these suites or have knowledge of whether or not the PH suites 1023 and 1025 are wheelchair accessible.

The reason I'm bringing this question to the community is different information in various Seabourn publications (pdfs) and Seabourn web pages:

I see one Seabourn pdf deckplan where the suites are clearly marked as accessible.

I see another Searbourn pdf deckplan in which they are are not marked accessible, and the accessible cabins are listed and do not include these suites.

When I try to make a dummy booking, I see the wheelchair sign popping up.

When I call into Seabourn, the agents say that the suites are not accessible. (But, why does their own pdf show them as accessible?)

If anyone has actually stayed in one of these suites, it would be great to know what the reality is.

Thank you!

The PH suites are large and have more room to maneuver, what do you need?  Do you need a roll in bathroom and shower, or mostly extra space to maneuver a wheelchair?  There is a step up into the bath.

The larger suites with roll in showers are 550, 664, 665, 1012, 1132, and 1191 per the PDF layout on the website.

If you need a wheelchair accessible suite, since Seabourn has specifically told you that 1023 and 1025 on Ovation/Encore are NOT accessible and since the deck plan (https://www.seabourn.com/en/us/cruise-ships/ship-deckplans) also shows that those cabins are NOT accessible, I would not risk booking either one of them based upon what someone on the internet posts.  What if you rely upon someone saying "yes, those are accessible" and when you get onboard you find out that poster was incorrect??

Absent a published cabin tour video of one of those two cabins showing that Seabourn is mistaken, you should rely upon what Seabourn and the deck plan both indicate concerning those two cabins.  Just my opinion for what it is worth.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, alexandria said:

Absent a published cabin tour video of one of those two cabins showing that Seabourn is mistaken, you should rely upon what Seabourn and the deck plan both indicate concerning those two cabins.  Just my opinion for what it is worth.

@notjaded today is turnaround day on the Ovation. We tried to take photos of 1023/1025 but they are occupied by continuing guests. We asked the suite attendants if they were wheelchair accessible suites and they both replied "No".

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

@notjaded today is turnaround day on the Ovation. We tried to take photos of 1023/1025 but they are occupied by continuing guests. We asked the suite attendants if they were wheelchair accessible suites and they both replied "No".

Thank you so much for your kind effort to verify the status of these cabins. Very much appreciated!

Safe travels!