Do you have a good experience with using insurance through credit card?

maggieq

So I have a 12 night Norway cruise with a two night precruise stay in Amsterdam planned for may 2024. 

I usually use insuremytrip right before final payment for cruise and land on what I consider a good plan with pretty hoping medical and evacuation benefits.  However, with this trip and much higher cost for cruise/air/hotel/tours, I am wondering if I shiuld just insure the tours and get medical. 

Have never submitted anything through credit cards so not sure if it truly works out

any recent experiences or recommendations would be appreciated.  

thanks!

10 hours ago, maggieq said:

So I have a 12 night Norway cruise with a two night precruise stay in Amsterdam planned for may 2024. 

I usually use insuremytrip right before final payment for cruise and land on what I consider a good plan with pretty hoping medical and evacuation benefits.  However, with this trip and much higher cost for cruise/air/hotel/tours, I am wondering if I shiuld just insure the tours and get medical. 

Have never submitted anything through credit cards so not sure if it truly works out

any recent experiences or recommendations would be appreciated.  

thanks!

I think that this will be different with every credit card, and the level of credit card that you have.  Often cards have many levels at many different annual fees, and this will change the insurance benefit.

I think that you need to clarify what amount you want to insure and also the credit card you are using.

Credit Cards, in my experience, have very low levels of reimbursement for cancellation and interruption unless you have the ability to top up the coverage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

I have a Chase Sapphire Reserve, and I have been reimbursed very easily and quickly for luggage delay and trip delay coverage (separate trips).

Did you book all legs of your trip with your CSR which I understand is key for your trip to be covered. 

I paid for everything with that card aside from some misc cash purchases (which I had receipts). The cruise wasn't a factor at all on my claims as it all dealt with flights.