Timing of posting Shore excursion pricing

IDL

6 hours ago, IDL said:

How far in advance does Oceana publish the pricing of the shore excursions for a specific cruise? 

Typically twelve months in advance for the tours arranged. I have seen them add new tours up until six months in advance. 

51 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Typically twelve months in advance for the tours arranged. I have seen them add new tours up until six months in advance. 

I booked our cruise in Sept. and the SM shore excursions at the same time.

You can always look at other cruises going to the same port to see pricing. (it might go up, but typically not much)  There's even a button on the web page to help with this - "Other Cruises Visiting this Port", or something like that...

• Like 1

I'm finding the excursions on our next cruise very frustrating. Our September 2024 Bermuda cruise is supposed to visit Newport, Rhode Island and 2 ports in Bermuda. There are no excursion listed for Newport and very few in Bermuda. The only excursion that includes snorkeling is listed but can't be booked. I'm not sure if the $600 Shore Excursion Credit has any value if there's nothing worth booking. 

35 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I'm finding the excursions on our next cruise very frustrating. Our September 2024 Bermuda cruise is supposed to visit Newport, Rhode Island and 2 ports in Bermuda. There are no excursion listed for Newport and very few in Bermuda. The only excursion that includes snorkeling is listed but can't be booked. I'm not sure if the $600 Shore Excursion Credit has any value if there's nothing worth booking. 

Which cruise are you on? All the ones out of NY for September going to Bermuda seem to have 7 excursions listed and priced for Newport.  The two out of Boston have many more excursions listed, but not yet priced. Have you called Oceania to check?

4 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Which cruise are you on? All the ones out of NY for September going to Bermuda seem to have 7 excursions listed and priced for Newport.  The two out of Boston have many more excursions listed, but not yet priced. Have you called Oceania to check?

We're on the Sept 18th cruise out of Boston. I log in every day to check and it's as I said. After your comment, I looked without logging in and I see what you see. So the excursion are only showing when I'm not logged in. I tried in several browsers and it's on their end. 

Is there a particular number I should call?

6 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

We're on the Sept 18th cruise out of Boston. I log in every day to check and it's as I said. After your comment, I looked without logging in and I see what you see. So the excursion are only showing when I'm not logged in. I tried in several browsers and it's on their end. 

Is there a particular number I should call?

Just call their main number at this point and explain the,situation. We have found that the reps typically have access to excursions which is more up to date. You could then also request they send you the pdf version for excursions if you have not received. We never book excursions via our account, we always call as well documented issues with trying via their system. Always been quite easy with a phone call, even if you have a TA. 

Edited by EJL2023
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Just call their main number at this point and explain the,situation. We have found that the reps typically have access to excursions which is more up to date. You could then also request they send you the pdf version for excursions if you have not received. We never book excursions via our account, we always call as well documented issues with trying via their system. Always been quite easy with a phone call, even if you have a TA. 

I got the pdf when I made the final payment last week. It has the wrong port for our first stop (Camden, Maine instead of Newport, Rhode Island).

I called the main number and she said it looks fine to her. She suggested I look at the excursion when I'm not logged in and call to make the reservation.

2 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I got the pdf when I made the final payment last week. It has the wrong port for our first stop (Camden, Maine instead of Newport, Rhode Island).

I called the main number and she said it looks fine to her. She suggested I look at the excursion when I'm not logged in and call to make the reservation.

Yeah, definitely call and make excursion reservations over the phone. Much quicker and less frustrating.