Kids in suite question

Hi cruisers! We are sailing on Jubilee next month and are staying in a family Harbor suite. One of the benefits is supposed to be that kids eat free “most specialty dining" restaurants. My cruise planner does not show me which restaurants and I've already booked one evening at Bonsai Teppanyaki. I'm planning on going to Guest Services once I'm on the ship. But does anybody know what restaurants are included in this benefit? 

I also have a question about the bolt roller coaster. I don't want to make a separate post about it. An adult is supposed to ride with a child. Will they combine other adults with your children? Both my husband and I cannot write it because we both have spine issues. 

The official Bolt rules say that kids under 12 need to ride with someone over the age of 15. Otherwise they are totally ok with solo riders, they won't force anyone to pair up. 

As for the dining - all specialty restaurants that have a flat fee - the Steakhouse, Tepannyaki, etc should be included. Not the Chef's Table. They don't include the specialty restaurants that are a la carte - Sushi, Emeril's, Seafood Shack.

From what I've been told you have to pay/book the spot for your kid if you want to reserve ahead and will be reimbursed on the ship. 

I'm almost certain that the "kids eat free" benefit is the same as booking any other cabin. As in, kids under 12 eat free as long as they order from the kids menu. This is the same kids menu that is ship-wide. If your kid want to order off the regular Teppanyaki menu, you'll probably need to pay or use a specialty dining credit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carohs said:

I'm almost certain that the "kids eat free" benefit is the same as booking any other cabin. As in, kids under 12 eat free as long as they order from the kids menu. This is the same kids menu that is ship-wide. If your kid want to order off the regular Teppanyaki menu, you'll probably need to pay or use a specialty dining credit. 

Is there a kids menu for the Teppanyaki?  We haven't seen one.

On 2/13/2024 at 1:07 PM, carohs said:

Family Harbor has a special benefit that makes kids under 12 free in the specialty restaurants like the steakhouse, Rudi's, etc. Yes, they do have to order from the kids menu, but normally that would be about $10, not free for those not staying in Family Harbor.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2024 at 7:23 PM, vwrestler171 said:

Is there a kids menu for the Teppanyaki?  We haven't seen one.

The Kid's menu is the standard kid's menu- not the same type of food as the specialty restaurant of choice.

think simple pasta, hot dog, grilled cheese, pizza, or hamburger... oh and a good banana split for dessert!

6 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

The Kid's menu is the standard kid's menu- not the same type of food as the specialty restaurant of choice.

think simple pasta, hot dog, grilled cheese, pizza, or hamburger... oh and a good banana split for dessert!

Wow. The steakhouse actually has a kids menu.  

1 hour ago, vwrestler171 said:

Wow. The steakhouse actually has a kids menu.  

They sure do, and no it is not the same kids menu as the MDR (as it seems some posts are suggesting).

Hi, 

We stayed in a family harbor ocean view on the Mardi Gras in November. I remember reading that Teppanyaki was one of the restaurants where kids did not eat free.  I’ll keep looking to try to find the actual information from Carnival.

• Like 1

On the Jubliee, kids in family harbor rooms eat free only in Fahrenheit 555, Bonsai Sushi and Rudi's. They must dine with an adult and order off the kids' menu. I believe the reason why Bonsai Teppanyaki is excluded for family harbor kids is because there isn't a kids' menu.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7985/~/carnival-jubilee-(jb)-family-harbor-lounge-and-staterooms

image.png.dc04e2444560624264795567d45cebed.png

• Like 1

Thanks for all of your responses!

1st, I know that there is an ice cream and coffee machine, pop (still need to scan your sea pass). The coffee machine looks like it does more than just black coffee. There's white and chocolate milk.

I watched some youtube videos (of Celebration, mind you) and saw that the breakfast buffet was pretty substantial: every kind of breakfast meat, scrambled eggs, potatoes, hardboiled eggs, baked beans, pastries, cold cuts, cheeses, cereal (hot and several cold choices), cut fruit and berries, smoked salmon, french toast, a variety of condiments and things I struggled to identify. I couldn't tell what was in the fridge, maybe yogurt, apple juice, and OJ?

An afternoon snack of modest sandwiches, chips and salsa, and several cakes was set out from 3-5. 

Cookies and milk were set out from 7-9