European Airlines

klfrodo

Just doing some research which of course is not set in stone.

Just need to fly from BCN to FCO and I used Google Flights for comparison.

Checked luggage was my concern along with a carry on.

I just picked a date in early September even though we don't cruise until Aug 2025 (Again, just research and crunching numbers)

Even though Wizz, Ryan Air and Vueling has some great base prices, after all the add-on fees, it appears that we can fly ITA in business with 2 free checked bags for the same if not less than these other airlines.

Does that sound about right? or am I missing something that I haven't thought of yet?

You’ve done what many fail to do; add up all the additional charges.  I don’t see that you’ve missed anything and I think you are aware what business class consists of for this flight.

You are correct in your findings.  The low cost EU airlines can be OK when not traveling with luggage and you don't care where you sit.

Pretty much same as US Spirit or Frontier but a bit more reliable.

Sounds right. I’ve even calculated on some flights that premium or business class was cheaper with all the extras. It’s not always the case but doing your research is key. I’m now even looking at a new credit card because it would give me free luggage. 

3 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

Sounds right. I’ve even calculated on some flights that premium or business class was cheaper with all the extras. It’s not always the case but doing your research is key. I’m now even looking at a new credit card because it would give me free luggage. 

Be sure to read the fine print on CC baggage benefits.  Depending on the card, it may or may not include luggage for others booked with the card, or others on the same reservation.  And they probably don't cover partners or code-shares.  The devil is in the details.

23 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Be sure to read the fine print on CC baggage benefits.  Depending on the card, it may or may not include luggage for others booked with the card, or others on the same reservation.  And they probably don't cover partners or code-shares.  The devil is in the details.

This one covers one other person on the same reservation. The flight is direct and not codeshare. I avoid connections and choose taking the train when needed. I love reading fine print.