Piano Bar

Heimey

On 2/27/2024 at 11:46 AM, joe/jack said:

Eden Parker who is currently on Mardi Gras

he and Jeffery Monk are probably the 

most talented Plano Bar players that

Carnival has to offer.   Facebook has there

blogs. 

And I am not a fan of Eden.  When I sailed with him, he acted arrogant.  Couldn't stand him.  I do like Jeffrey, but haven't seen him more than just a cocktail player in the steakhouse.

On 3/2/2024 at 8:31 AM, EllieinNJ said:

We just came off the Venezia and Dara in the piano bar had a good voice but she was very raunchy while speaking.  I don't mind some adult talk and enjoy the late night comedians but she spoke from the gutter 

And I loved Dara and never heard her talking like that.  

We went to the piano bar on one cruise and I nearly fell asleep.  Our friends went every night and loved it.  Go figure.  To each her own, but I am pretty sure I am not a piano bar person.  Comedy is much more to my liking.  

On 3/2/2024 at 10:31 AM, EllieinNJ said:

We just came off the Venezia and Dara in the piano bar had a good voice but she was very raunchy while speaking.  I don't mind some adult talk and enjoy the late night comedians but she spoke from the gutter 

We are just off the Venezia (30 days) and our experience in the piano bar was more like karaoke. We heard Dara sing one song, then some guy wanted to sing... i think she was being polite so she allowed him a song then his girlfriend? wanted to sing a song then Dara took a break. The table with the wannabe singers monopolized the waitress for about 20 min, couldn't get an order in and it was very warm in piano bar. We didn't last very long. Went to try a couple other times but the usual fun vibe wasn't there. Disappointed as i had researched her prior to the cruise and she has some great songs/clips on social media

On 3/5/2024 at 8:46 AM, grimpil said:

We are just off the Venezia (30 days) and our experience in the piano bar was more like karaoke. We heard Dara sing one song, then some guy wanted to sing... i think she was being polite so she allowed him a song then his girlfriend? wanted to sing a song then Dara took a break. The table with the wannabe singers monopolized the waitress for about 20 min, couldn't get an order in and it was very warm in piano bar. We didn't last very long. Went to try a couple other times but the usual fun vibe wasn't there. Disappointed as i had researched her prior to the cruise and she has some great songs/clips on social media

We had a similar experience on our recent Paradise cruise, The piano bar just became another karaoke venue,

Well Hell, I have "ben" asleep at the wheel. After looking at the list I saw Ben Gentry is performing on Carnival again. Now I have to book another cruise. Ben Gentry is the best of all time. So off to find a date on the Jubilee for October. If you have never had Ben look him up on FB never seen Piano Bars filled like Ben fills them.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 4:20 PM, staceyglow said:

It's this song (warning- offensive language):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gudDmgr1H3o&ab_channel=DiegoGilNavarro

Believe it or not, the first time I heard this version of the song was in Munich during Starkbierfest - and it was performed by a polka band.

Thanks for the link. Never heard this song before (guess I'm not one of the cool kids)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1