Royal Up question

Sailing on Royal for the first time next month and have a quick question on the bidding system. I am in a Central Park interior room now. I bid on both an Ocean View Balcony and an Ultra Spacious Ocean View. Am I right in assuming the system would put me in the Balcony first but if I don't get that then would try for the Ocean View. I prefer the Balcony but would take the Ocean View if that is my only option. Thanks.

Presumably a computer algorithm that maximizes profit for the company decides which bids are accepted.

There are a lot OV balconies and few ultra spacious OV.  Because there are so many balconies, your odds of winning one of those are probably better.  I think you should only bid on cabins you will be happy to win.  Decide if you will be happy if your bid for that ultra spacious is accepted.  If so keep it; if not cancel it.

8 minutes ago, 2jeffs2 said:

Sailing on Royal for the first time next month ...I am in a Central Park interior room now. I bid on both an Ultra Spacious Ocean View.

I really like those Central Park Interior view rooms. They are conveniently located and larger than normal, and where a balcony usually is, there is a cushioned loveseat/bay window whereby you get plenty of natural light and a decent view of Central Park. In my humble opinion, you will barely look out the window no matter whatever oceanview cabin you're in... you'll be all over the ship and not in your cabin. What is the bid price for the ultra spacious ocean view? Personally, I would remove that bid, and only keep the balcony request alive.

• Like 1