3 meal package question - with kids

Hi All, its been a long time since I traveled on a cruise and the 1st time I will be with my 6 year old twins. We are thinking of getting the 3 specialty meal package for me and my husband but I don't know if my kids will want to eat at the "fancy" restaurants being that there other more kid friendly options like Johnny Rocket, pizza or the buffet. Does anyone know if we can just order the meal packages for the adults and not the kids but still have them sit with us in the dinning room? I don't think they will want to go to the kids camp and I don't want to pass going to the specialty locations but paying for them to eat the same food they would get at the other included locations on the ship makes no sense to me. I tried calling the cruise line but the agent on the phone was really no help. Anyone have this issue or know what might happen? I also don't want to book a package and not be able to use it. For reference we are going to be on the Harmony of the Seas in April. Thanks!

I would say no they cant without paying. Hibachi only has 8 seats per section and taking up 2 extra chairs there wouldnt be allowed. Idk about other restaurants that might be less full, but I doubt they can sit there and not pay at least kids prices. 

7 minutes ago, Electrcrio said:

Thanks I wasn't thinking about Hibachi as I can see how that would be weird, I was thinking more like Chops, Central 151, the Mexican place or Jamie's Italian restaurant. 

Would your kids not get very bored just watching you eat for 90 minutes.  Why not include them in your meal, I think kids eat at specialty for around $10 from the kids menu.

I have done that with Chops,150 Central Park and Jamie's and never had a problem.  The restaurant wasn't that busy so my kids aren't taking someone else's spot, and the server even brought plates and extra utensils for the kids without asking so they can share our food.  Since my kids are not  fond of the fancy schmancy dishes, they only took a nibble and played on the I-Pad for the most part.  The server actually came by with a small portions of different appetizers and encouraged the kids to try them out.

This happened when my kids were 7 and 4.  Now that my kids are both above ten I will buy the children's dining package or pay the upcharge.

Edited by PCHENG

4 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Would your kids not get very bored just watching you eat for 90 minutes.  Why not include them in your meal, I think kids eat at specialty for around $10 from the kids menu.

Do you know if that's the regular children's menu?  On other lines it's free for kids to eat from the children's menu, but they have to pay if they order off the main menu.  I have to say I don't really see why they'd charge more if the kids aren't eating special food.

10 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

Do you know if that's the regular children's menu?  On other lines it's free for kids to eat from the children's menu, but they have to pay if they order off the main menu.  I have to say I don't really see why they'd charge more if the kids aren't eating special food.

It is a different kids menu + You are taking up space using a four top instead of a two top. 

12 minutes ago, PCHENG said:

I have done that with Chops,150 Central Park and Jamie's and never had a problem.  The restaurant wasn't that busy so my kids aren't taking someone else's spot, and the server even brought plates and extra utensils for the kids without asking so they can share our food.  Since my kids are not  fond of the fancy schmancy dishes, they only took a nibble and played on the I-Pad for the most part.  The server actually came by with a small portions of different appetizers and encouraged the kids to try them out.

This happened when my kids were 7 and 4.  Now that my kids are both above ten I will buy the children's dining package.

Thanks that's what I figured but I didn't want to assume. At 6 years old some days they want to try everything and other's its a struggle so they are used to sitting on their ipads and entertaining themselves while we are at a restaurant that they aren't interested in. And while I do encourage them to eat different meals I don't want to spend over $60 for them to eat a bit of food and then tell me they want to go to the buffet because its accessible.