My time dining on Symphony

I have been told we, a party of 10, may have trouble getting a my time dining reservation around 6pm.  I'm hearing if the early dining is full MTD may not begin until 6:45.  What is your experience?  We have young grandchildren but  5:30 seems a little too early every day.  We are sailing the week after Easter 2025.  The cruise is sure to be filled with families.

Thankyou for your help.

Laurie

I would go with traditional early dining with that many people. You will have a reserved table.

MTD starts around 645 pm , and you may have a long wait for a big table.

With little ones , its no fun waiting around especially if they are hungry.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, loman said:

I would go with traditional early dining with that many people. You will have a reserved table.

MTD starts around 645 pm , and you may have a long wait for a big table.

With little ones , its no fun waiting around especially if they are hungry.

+1

49 minutes ago, laurobella said:

I have been told we, a party of 10, may have trouble getting a my time dining reservation around 6pm.  I'm hearing if the early dining is full MTD may not begin until 6:45.  What is your experience?  We have young grandchildren but  5:30 seems a little too early every day.  We are sailing the week after Easter 2025.  The cruise is sure to be filled with families.

Thankyou for your help.

Laurie

I'd expect, given the size and composition of your family, that by the time you get everyone settled and make your menu choices, it'll probably be 6 before you actually start eating. If necessary, your servers will be able to bring something for the grands to nibble on while everyone is deciding.

• Like 2

Earliest I have seen since restart with MyTime has been 6:30, although on many ships the 6:45 actually starts getting processed earlier.  You won't get a 6:00 reservation.  Agree that best for you would be early dining. 

They do handle large tables for MyTime (10 or so), but first night will be a pain.  After that they will have you at the same table.  With a 6:45 reservation you will likely get in around 7:30 for that size group since they have to clear multiple tables in the same area and put them together.

• Like 1

Not a great experience with MTD on Symphony. Long wait with or without reservations. Not well managed, tables were very uncomfortably close.

I would suggest what a previous poster did : early dining with a fixed table and dedicated wait staff so your all of your needs are met. 5.30 pm does not mean that your meal will be served on the dot of 5.30, the doors open at 5.30, so it may work out fine in the 6 ish range.

Enjoy your cruise. I hope the kids are thrilled! Ship has a lot to offer them.

Edited by Arzeena