Help me choose Florida departure port, Galveston destinations just too repetitive

We HATE flying, but looking at Galveston schedules into 2026 it looks like we have no choice but to depart from Florida to get anywhere different. 😞

Which of the four (FLL, PCN, MIA, TPA) is the easiest to travel through coming from DFW area? DW has mobility issues, so availability of wheelchair assistance at terminal(s) and on-board scooter rental/pickup/dropoff are important factors.

I'd like to pick one as our "Second Home port" since we only cruise once or twice a year and like having a "routine" pre/post cruise.

Given the travel required, most likely only looking at 7+ night itineraries.

3 minutes ago, GJustice said:

Which of the four (FLL, PCN, MIA, TPA) is the easiest to travel through coming from DFW area?

Look at ships/itineraries you would like - not much diff in the airports to sway that decision.

1 hour ago, GJustice said:

We HATE flying, but looking at Galveston schedules into 2026 it looks like we have no choice but to depart from Florida to get anywhere different. 😞

Which of the four (FLL, PCN, MIA, TPA) is the easiest to travel through coming from DFW area? DW has mobility issues, so availability of wheelchair assistance at terminal(s) and on-board scooter rental/pickup/dropoff are important factors.

I'd like to pick one as our "Second Home port" since we only cruise once or twice a year and like having a "routine" pre/post cruise.

I'm thinking it might be worthwhile reposting your question on the cruise air forum as that would widen your audience to cruisers from other lines too.

2 hours ago, GJustice said:

Hi, I picked port Canaveral though imo prices are scary high. Adventure. 

I booked eastern, xmas (grand bahamas, labadee) and southern on adventure for the ports. Adventure does alternating 6 and 8 days. The 8 days have the best variety. Southern obviously is ABC islands. 

Eastern is

VISITING:

• Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida
  • Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico
  • Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
  • St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

The easiest one is Ft Lauderdale - the port is just minutes away from the airport.  Port Canaveral is fine but you have to fly into Orlando and shuttle service is great, you are looking at 45 minute transfer - without traffic.  And the Orlando airport is insane with all the Disney/Universal people.  I haven't done the others but my two cents would be FLL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1