Live 'n Loose Ii - Coral Princess 26th Feb

What type of musicians do they have playing in the Atrium during the day or early evening at the moment? 

In the past we've seen a pianist, a string duo/trio/quartet, guitarist, and a guitar/piano duo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

What type of musicians do they have playing in the Atrium during the day or early evening at the moment? 

In the past we've seen a pianist, a string duo/trio/quartet, guitarist, and a guitar/piano duo.

Will get back to you when we take notice.

A stunning start to the day in Newcastle. Following a serene sail-in, breakfast dining in Sabatini's with a view to Nobby's.

20240228_071705.thumb.jpg.f5597cc00955e7fd7949c1bd86f33186.jpg

We will just get off and start walking. No specific direction chosen yet.

• Like 2

After all these years, a first. For whatever reason we had not made it into Sabatini's until last night. Quite nice, lots of food.

20240227_191510.thumb.jpg.06b1a9dc0b777db42e7288bee0a3a75a.jpg

We are more Steakhouse oriented, so back to Bayou for the last supper tonight.

• Like 1

A day in Newcastle.

The free shuttle now drops at Newcastle Museum, not Queens Wharf as it was previously. From the museum, it is a short walk to Civic light rail stop, with Queens Wharf & beaches in one direction, Rail interchange & West End Marketown in the other. 

Newcastle museum - no charge

Fort Scratchley - no charge

Walk along the Foreshore - no charge

Ferry from Queens Wharf to Stockton - a few bucks on our Opal cards, but also just transfer fares when connected to light rail

A couple of large coffees as good as any in Melbourne - $5 each

A nice day in our home port.

20240228_065711.thumb.jpg.621bd0f9bccd127c019e7263329523db.jpg

20240228_094105.thumb.jpg.fcceeb799b7e853c3d47a811d0ff234a.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Did you get some clean clothes and drop off the dirty ones?

Tempted to drop our luggage home, but we just have one bag and we will get that home tomorrow - all too soon.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

More of the same.

All over, all too soon. Currently, no cruising for us until Feb next year, so we will have to keenly follow everyone else's cruising tales.

Interesting cruise. For suites, Royal class ships are far more inclusive. Being a short cruise, we only received elite mini bar without a double-up for the suite. That fits the fine print on their site, but Majestic has still been giving the suite mini bar, as well as concierge and evening drinks.

We had fun, but something was absent. I don't know if we are taking Coral Princess for granted, or they are taking us for granted. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Dining staff are wonderful, but seem to be stretched. Sabatini's took us nearly 3hrs, with 80 minutes from being seated till 1st main. 

Our steward looked after the room well, but they don't do overs any more.

18 hours ago, arxcards said:

Here we go again. Wish us luck 🤣

20240228_182631.thumb.jpg.9a4014688a06087f37a818bced728ef9.jpg

Having watched quite a few fellow diners trying to tackle the concreted cheese crust on the French Onion Soup, and not being able to maintain their dignity or their table manners, it would be good to have your hints on how to break up the crust politely!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

Having watched quite a few fellow diners trying to tackle the concreted cheese crust on the French Onion Soup, and not being able to maintain their dignity or their table manners, it would be good to have your hints on how to break up the crust politely!

Nice & gooey on Coral. Tips are still required, but on how to get just a spoonful without having the rest of the crust hanging from the spoon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, arxcards said:

Nice & gooey on Coral. Tips are still required, but on how to get just a spoonful without having the rest of the crust hanging from the spoon.

I used my knife and fork to break it up into manageable portions.🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I treat the stringy cheese like spaghetti, and do a spoon + fork twirl.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, By The Bay said:

20 hours ago, arxcards said:

I treat the stringy cheese like spaghetti, and do a spoon + fork twirl.

I really don't like the oversized cheese crouton, all I want is the soup underneath. Yum! The first time I had French onion soup, I just didn't know what to do with the cheese toast. I tried to break it up with my spoon and just succeeded in splashing soup onto the plate the soup bowl was sitting on. Now, I just lift the toast off and put it on my side plate. I guess I should just ask for no toast. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I really don't like the oversized cheese crouton, all I want is the soup underneath. Yum! The first time I had French onion soup, I just didn't know what to do with the cheese toast. I tried to break it up with my spoon and just succeeded in splashing soup onto the plate the soup bowl was sitting on. Now, I just lift the toast off and put it on my side plate. I guess I should just ask for no toast. 

That is what I do, then dump it back in afterwards

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I have seen someone pick up a straw from their drink, poke a hole and start slurping. Not very good dining room etiquette for sure, but she appeared to be enjoying it.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I have seen someone pick up a straw from their drink, poke a hole and start slurping. Not very good dining room etiquette for sure, but she appeared to be enjoying it.

Then either all the onion is left in the bottom of the soup bowl or it gets stuck in the straw...🤣

I'm glad she was enjoying it. 

Edited by possum52
  • Like 2