Live 'n Loose Ii - Coral Princess 26th Feb

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from arxcards! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic. See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

arxcards was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Another shortie with a Premier package, and a passenger that has a bit of steam to get rid of. Coral Princess is nothing new, but we know what to expect and that is the best part.

We have flown to Brisbane today. Flying out of Newcastle Airport is dead easy, but the Virgin priority line was longer than the general one. Turns out we were sharing our flight with Matchbox Twenty. It has been a Long Day. 😉

We came in over Moreton Bay, which gives a nice view of BICT from the port side of the plane. P&O UK's Arcadia in residence.

20240225_133742.thumb.jpg.5cfd584218f7601efa594f3bbb54b4f6.jpg

$38 cab fare from the airport to Alcyone. We have scored a minor upgrade to an exec room, but the added desk area isn't of much benefit for our single nigjt.

A few hours to relax then out to catch up with some cruise friends at Northshore eat street.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, arxcards said:

Another shortie with a Premier package, and a passenger that has a bit of steam to get rid of. Coral Princess is nothing new, but we know what to expect and that is the best part.

We have flown to Brisbane today. Flying out of Newcastle Airport is dead easy, but the Virgin priority line was longer than the general one. Turns out we were sharing our flight with Matchbox Twenty. It has been a Long Day. 😉

We came in over Moreton Bay, which gives a nice view of BICT from the port side of the plane. P&O UK's Arcadia in residence.

20240225_133742.thumb.jpg.5cfd584218f7601efa594f3bbb54b4f6.jpg

$38 cab fare from the airport to Alcyone. We have scored a minor upgrade to an exec room, but the added desk area isn't of much benefit for our single nigjt.

A few hours to relax then out to catch up with some cruise friends at Northshore eat street.

Had a blonde moment when I saw the photo of Arcadia at BICT. Wait, what? In Brisbane? Then I checked her itinerary - WC. Duh........................🙄

2 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Had a blonde moment when I saw the photo of Arcadia at BICT. Wait, what? In Brisbane? Then I checked her itinerary - WC. Duh........................🙄

'tis the season.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

If you find yourself Unwell, don't Push it, just see How far we've come in the Real world.

👏 I might have listened to those first two on repeat more, than a few times, back in the day

• Like 2

A $39 taxi through moderate traffic brought us to the terminal. A nice and efficient Brisbane terminal helped us onto the ship at 11am.

All mustered and in Good Spirits for her 11:30 opening, and ready for a Bordeaux lunch at noon. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

A $39 taxi through moderate traffic brought us to the terminal. A nice and efficient Brisbane terminal helped us onto the ship at 11am.

All mustered and in Good Spirits for her 11:30 opening, and ready for a Bordeaux lunch at noon. 

Who is the barista / head barman in Good Spirits at the moment? 

27 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks. I was hoping it might have been Aljay who was on Coral in 2022.

Josh will be on till September, presumably in the same role.

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I hope he makes great coffee  

He makes an excellent old fashioned. Dunno about coffee yet. The ocean now ones delivered to cabin were horrible, but I can't comment on Good Spirits yet.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

He makes an excellent old fashioned. Dunno about coffee yet. The ocean now ones delivered to cabin were horrible, but I can't comment on Good Spirits yet.

When we were in isolation with Covid on Coral in 2022 they managed to get single espressos to our cabin, perfectly made and still piping hot. We were very impressed. 

Normally we would get our coffees from Good Spirits as the International Cafe was always too crowded. 

Anyway, enjoy your cruise on my favourite Princess ship.

• Like 1

A nice suite breakfast in Sabatini's this morning, where the coffee is great & the crispy bacon is nuked off the planet.20240227_075454.thumb.jpg.52332e2568716cc871861ad93516fecb.jpg

It looks like a calm day ahead. A nice day to be at sea. I haven't heard any numbers, but if feels like the ship is only 75% full.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

When we were in isolation with Covid on Coral in 2022 they managed to get single espressos to our cabin, perfectly made and still piping hot. We were very impressed. 

Normally we would get our coffees from Good Spirits as the International Cafe was always too crowded. 

Anyway, enjoy your cruise on my favourite Princess ship.

Good Sprits coffee is still good. As it is still AM, I have resisted an XO chaser, although Baby Josh recommends it.

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

A nice suite breakfast in Sabatini's this morning, where the coffee is great & the crispy bacon is nuked off the planet.20240227_075454.thumb.jpg.52332e2568716cc871861ad93516fecb.jpg

It looks like a calm day ahead. A nice day to be at sea. I haven't heard any numbers, but if feels like the ship is only 75% full.

Haha that's a different way to present poached eggs, i thought it was mango & yoghurt until I brought the photo up a bit😁

7 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Haha that's a different way to present poached eggs, i thought it was mango & yoghurt until I brought the photo up a bit😁

It is really nice too. Diced roast potatoes, poached eggs and a dish of hollandaise. The bowl is small enough that the eggs end up being broken and the potato is coated with a gooey mess of yolk & hollandaise. It is only on the suite menu as far as I can rell, but we now replicate it for Christmas brunch.

20240227_073336.thumb.jpg.b4809ba04720e940f5806447e0f892b2.jpg

20240227_073401.thumb.jpg.0eecb14e5920b089a7a6d4eee5fdc3f0.jpg

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

Good Sprits coffee is still good. As it is still AM, I have resisted an XO chaser, although Baby Josh recommends it.

Baby Josh sounds like he could be a bad influence! 🤣