2/25/24 Add friends to the app using booking numbers

1 hour ago, Too old for this said:

We are trying to add our friends to the app.  Can this be done prior to sailing?  If so how? All the discussions I’ve see are with the older app. 

I added my friends to our mdr table. We don't sail till April 

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  I cannot speak to how it's done in the new app...don't have anything booked right now.  You *may* be able to do this in what's called the "web version" on the Princess website.  Log in to your Princess account, select your cruise and on the very first page that comes up (Summary, I think) scroll down just a bit until you see:

web version.jpg

If you blink, you'll miss it!

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

21 hours ago, Too old for this said:

We are trying to add our friends to the app.  Can this be done prior to sailing?  If so how? All the discussions I’ve see are with the older app. 

5 minutes ago, suekel said:

I added our travel companions using the old app.  I am not seeing how to do it on the new app.  

You can add them during the DMW set up in the new app.  I have reserve class dining so the steps may be a little different for you.  I went to “book dining”, then chose the little heart to view my current reservation, then chose a date and selected “add reservation”, chose a speciality restaurant then scrolled down to “guests” and clicked on that.  On the resulting page there is a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that then add your shipmates booking number.

I believe I’ve read if you just want to add them in the locate feature it needs to be done onboard (new app). 

4 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

You can add them during the DMW set up in the new app.  I have reserve class dining so the steps may be a little different for you.  I went to “book dining”, then chose the little heart to view my current reservation, then chose a date and selected “add reservation”, chose a speciality restaurant then scrolled down to “guests” and clicked on that.  On the resulting page there is a little man icon with a + sign next to it in the upper right corner.  Select that then add your shipmates booking number.

I believe I’ve read if you just want to add them in the locate feature it needs to be done onboard (new app). 

.  thanks. but can you just add them as travel companions?  Does the new app still have the find your friends function?

4 minutes ago, suekel said:

.  thanks. but can you just add them as travel companions?  Does the new app still have the find your friends function?

Like I mentioned above, I’ve read that the find friends function add on can only be done onboard with the new app.  I have not sailed since the new app was added so just relaying what I’ve seen on these boards.

it may be that once you add them in the dining section they will be there for find friends onboard, but I don’t know that.  Just speculation 

Edited by t&atravel