Carnival Legend in Edinburgh-maybe? Conflicting port schedules?

lasekeye

Does anyone have any insight into this…?

Carnival itinerary says the Legend will be in Edinburgh on Aug 7/24.

Cruisemapper.com agrees with the Carnival agenda.

Cruise the Forth (the company that operates the Edinburgh cruise ports), doesn’t have the Legend listed in their schedule.  NOT AT ALL!…for any of the dates from start of cruise thru to the end of cruise.

I emailed Cruise the Forth with this info, hoping for clarification.  They agreed that the situation is confusing…”the port visit is on Cruise mapper, but not on their own posted schedule”.  They also stated that when the Legend does visit, she usually is at the Newhaven tender port.

I contacted Carnival (was transferred to the FUN shops & shore excursion dept), but they haven’t been notified of a port change.

I want to buy Edinburgh castle tickets (non refundable), (doing a ship excursion isn’t what I want, I want more time than the excursion allows) but I also don’t want to throw away my $$.

Amy thoughts?

Just to be clear, CruiseForth is not the port operator.  It's a not-for-profit company promoting the River Forth and River Tay to the cruise industry: image.png.52759e14452e48eb192cb3ac12a91051.png

CruiseMapper and similar sites just screen-scrape the details from the cruise lines own websites, so they have no special inside knowledge.

The port operator is Forth Ports through their cruise brand Capital Cruising (https://capitalcruising.co.uk/) but your ship is not there either!  There's a "Contact us" on that site that you might want to use as it looks like someone, somewhere, has dropped the ball.

• Like 1

Just for the record, ships get added and deleted all the time from these sites.  They also change ships and sometimes use some as “slot holders” and other reasons.  There is always a risk when you use an outside vendor for excursions, it is inherit with product.  I would do the risk and go for it, especially if the vendor has added value in the excursion (not just the price).  If it is only price, I would wait.

• Like 1

Cruisemapper just gets their data from the individual cruise line published schedules, and doubtful they update real time. And their caveat

The information on our website is provided by our contributors or is taken from the worldwide wide web and CruiseMapper is not liable for its accuracy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

Just to be clear, CruiseForth is not the port operator.  It's a not-for-profit company promoting the River Forth and River Tay to the cruise industry: image.png.52759e14452e48eb192cb3ac12a91051.png

CruiseMapper and similar sites just screen-scrape the details from the cruise lines own websites, so they have no special inside knowledge.

The port operator is Forth Ports through their cruise brand Capital Cruising (https://capitalcruising.co.uk/) but your ship is not there either!  There's a "Contact us" on that site that you might want to use as it looks like someone, somewhere, has dropped the ball.

Thanks for catching that !  Every way that I tried looking up the actual company that runs the Edinburgh cruise ports, I was directed back to Cruise the Forth.  I did email “Capital Cruising” & I hope to get a clear answer.