OBC from credit card points?

20 minutes ago, HLR said:

If I were to select something on the website it wants me to pay with credit card....

If one has OBC, there is a selectable option to choose on the payment screen.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Okay! I'm ready to cash in my points for OBC for my sailing in June. So after I redeem them on line with Bank Of America, then I call the Captian's Club to apply them to the cruise I am going on...correct?

Edited by HLR

I redeemed on boa website but then called captains club where they immediately applied to my account and I could use them to pay for excursions. I've done it this way a few times and it works fine. Supposedly if you just do on boa site it will show up after you are on board, but I've heard different things so results may vary. Calling captains club and being on website so you can see the obc on your account when they apply it seems safest.

• Thanks 1

I redeemed my BoFA points on their website and they showed up on my celebrity account after 3 days. I was able to use the OBC to purchase anything prior the cruise. 

and yes, if they don’t shown up you simply call the number stated above and they will fix and issues you might have with the online redemption. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SharonK said:

If I want to use my credit card points to reduce my balance, can i do that even if I didn't book directly with Celebrity?

You should be able to. Go through the BOA website and select the price reduction option. You will then need to call Celebrity, give them your credit card number and the reduction should be applied. (We always book direct so your TA might need to call Celebrity to have the reduction applied)

43 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

You should be able to. Go through the BOA website and select the price reduction option. You will then need to call Celebrity, give them your credit card number and the reduction should be applied. (We always book direct so your TA might need to call Celebrity to have the reduction applied)

Thank you!  The cruise isn't until next summer so I won't be doing it for a while.