Passport question for Canada

We are sailing from Washington State on a 7 day Alaska cruise, on day 6 we will be in Victoria,British Colombia. We are U.S. citizens. I am assuming we will need our passport to board the ship at embarkment. Am I assuming correctly? And would we need any other documents?

17 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Yesss.... If the cruise goes to Skagway and the passenger wants to take the WPYR tour to Carcross, Yukon, I believe a passport will be required.

I haven't needed it for the train that just slightly goes past the border, but I did need it for the bus tour that goes to the border.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I always pack my passport when I cruise. Period. If I don't need it...no harm done.

I'm sure most do.  Do you always take in on Shorex?  I always have my passport card, but I leave the book in the safe unless it is specifically required.  On the bus tour I mentioned, I'm reasonably certain that my passport card would allow me to cross the border from Canada to the US, but NCL just said "passport."

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, EngrJones said:

I'm sure most do.  Do you always take in on Shorex?  I always have my passport card, but I leave the book in the safe unless it is specifically required.  On the bus tour I mentioned, I'm reasonably certain that my passport card would allow me to cross the border from Canada to the US, but NCL just said "passport."

Yep, Shorex too. Lol...in a not so easy to access place but there if I need it. I always know where it is and I'm always aware of my surroundings. Guess it comes from my years of living in NYC. It's just second nature for me after years of traveling for business and pleasure,  nationally and internationally.

BTW, I'm also reasonably sure your passport card would be adequate for the Canada/US crossing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Yep, Shorex too. Lol...in a not so easy to access place but there if I need it. I always know where it is and I'm always aware of my surroundings. Guess it comes from my years of living in NYC. It's just second nature for me after years of traveling for business and pleasure,  nationally and internationally.

BTW, I'm also reasonably sure your passport card would be adequate for the Canada/US crossing. 

Yes, a passport card will do the job.

• Like 1