Military discount if already booked?

Did a search but could not find anything. We've already booked the Joy for a March, 2025 cruise. I did not realize until after booking that they offer a military discount, which is my bad. Does anyone know if it can be applied once booked, or if it's necessary to call and rebook? Cruising with multiple friends who have rooms in the same area, so keeping our current stateroom is important.

Thanks!

you have plenty of time, just call and rebook, or call ncl, since the final day for payment is still months away. remember however, you need to go to id.me to let ncl know youre a vet

• Like 2

My PCC would have updated a booking for our group to add the discount, but it causes a repricing to current promos and prices. At the time the cruise had gone up in price so it wasn't done.

He did say it would be automatic going forward for new bookings.

Need to have Military ID form filled out under NCL website before booking.  Once that's done your account will show Military for future bookings.  It's good for Veteran and spouse bookings.

2 hours ago, CJDepew said:

Did a search but could not find anything. We've already booked the Joy for a March, 2025 cruise. I did not realize until after booking that they offer a military discount, which is my bad. Does anyone know if it can be applied once booked, or if it's necessary to call and rebook? Cruising with multiple friends who have rooms in the same area, so keeping our current stateroom is important.

Thanks!

Yes...you can always go on the website to the military discount link & get the discount. Like many businesses, NCL uses ID.me as their verification tool.

Thank you for your service.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, boxedmoon said:

My PCC would have updated a booking for our group to add the discount, but it causes a repricing to current promos and prices. At the time the cruise had gone up in price so it wasn't done.

He did say it would be automatic going forward for new bookings.

On my last booking, I specifically asked if current sale price could be stacked with Mil discount...answer..."YES"

7 hours ago, CJDepew said:

Thanks!

Absolutely.

As already suggested, use the link on NCL's website to set up your military discount authorization.

Then, call your travel agent (if used) or NCL and ask for them to apply the discount.

I do not believe that the booking will reprice automatically. Getting the discount should also be doable without them cancelling your booking and redoing it, which could affect your package if anything has changed.

the 10% military discount means a lot, especially if  you are going to book a higher category cabin. it just needs you to go to the id me site. im not sure if all ncl ships do this, but on our last cruise (b2b) they left a very nice packet with a special medallion a 2nd one for the specific ship, and a very nice cocktail party for the vets.  while simple, it was a nice gesture on the part of ncl. 

i got it twice because it was a b2b.

another thing that saves some money is being an ncl shareholder (100 shares or more)

when covid hit, ncl went down to $7.00 per share so i snagged 100.  on our next 17 day cruise this april, we got a $250 OBC

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, complawyer said:

the 10% military discount means a lot, especially if  you are going to book a higher category cabin. it just needs you to go to the id me site. im not sure if all ncl ships do this, but on our last cruise (b2b) they left a very nice packet with a special medallion a 2nd one for the specific ship, and a very nice cocktail party for the vets.  while simple, it was a nice gesture on the part of ncl. 

i got it twice because it was a b2b.

another thing that saves some money is being an ncl shareholder (100 shares or more)

when covid hit, ncl went down to $7.00 per share so i snagged 100.  on our next 17 day cruise this april, we got a $250 OBC

It does help on higher end fares like Haven cabins!

NCL is good to Vets!  They have a really good “meet and greet” for us, too!

Edited by graphicguy