Oasis entertainment bookings very early

We are on Oasis in mid May and I was expecting to book shows around the start of April so not for almost two months. However, the shows have been released to book tonight!

So first of all if you have an upcoming cruise get checking. Second, has this happened so early before? Does anyone think it could be in error? Or perhaps Royal is trialling releasing them earlier?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We have been able to schedule in the US at about 90 days in the past - right after final payment.  But it can vary and everything may not open at the same time. This might be different in the UK.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We have been able to schedule in the US at about 90 days in the past - right after final payment.  But it can vary and everything may not open at the same time. This might be different in the UK.

I'd been told it was always around the 1st of the month preceeding the cruise! It varies so much then.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

8 hours ago, SquishTheWhale said:

We are on Oasis in mid May and I was expecting to book shows around the start of April so not for almost two months. However, the shows have been released to book tonight!

So first of all if you have an upcoming cruise get checking. Second, has this happened so early before? Does anyone think it could be in error? Or perhaps Royal is trialling releasing them earlier?

Thanks for the reminder. I’ve been busy all weekend and almost didn’t look.

i was able to book shows for the first leg of our Allure B2B that boards April 29, but not the second leg that boards May 3.I like to book things in advance so once we’re on board I don’t have to think about anything but enjoying our cruise.

I hope they’re not going to keep me waiting too much longer to book our entertainment for the May 3 sailing. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Again, that might be a UK policy.  

It's not- the majority of the people on the social networking group for this page are US and it's open to all.

Could be to do with it being a European sailing though?

Edited by SquishTheWhale

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for the reminder. I’ve been busy all weekend and almost didn’t look.

i was able to book shows for the first leg of our Allure B2B that boards April 29, but not the second leg that boards May 3.I like to book things in advance so once we’re on board I don’t have to think about anything but enjoying our cruise.

I hope they’re not going to keep me waiting too much longer to book our entertainment for the May 3 sailing. 

Our Oasis one is 12th may so weird ours is open and yours isn't.

Edited by SquishTheWhale
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I really don’t think they open up bookings to the Americans first so they can book their entertainment, and then open it up other nationalities… there would be uproar ! 

25 minutes ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Our Oasis one is 12th may so weird ours is open and yours isn't.

What’s even stranger is that as Inwas logging in to start doing my bookings for May 3 it looked at first like they were open, then all of a sudden the image on my screen switched to say that entertainment bookings were not open yet. I thought at the time it was just the page switching from the April 29 cruise switching to the May 3 cruise. 🤷‍♀️ I’ll keep checking. I’m sure they will show up eventually.. 

53 minutes ago, perfect match said:

What’s even stranger is that as Inwas logging in to start doing my bookings for May 3 it looked at first like they were open, then all of a sudden the image on my screen switched to say that entertainment bookings were not open yet. I thought at the time it was just the page switching from the April 29 cruise switching to the May 3 cruise. 🤷‍♀️ I’ll keep checking. I’m sure they will show up eventually.. 

They only show up on the app for us- if you go on the website it says they aren't open yet!

Just checked my May 5th Oasis on the back of this and everything has opened up as well, so booked all I wanted. - Thanks to the OP

• Like 1

6 hours ago, little britain said:

I really don’t think they open up bookings to the Americans first so they can book their entertainment, and then open it up other nationalities… there would be uproar ! 

I don't disagree and was only speculating on a reason as our bookings, as stated, typically open up earlier than that claimed by the OP.