Aft, really all the way aft, elevator on Sun Princess

Deck plans for the Sun Princess (on Princess.com) show two lifts/elevators all the way aft.  Just two, so a small "bank" of lifts.  It seems the lift initiates on deck 6 or 7, in Horizons dining room.  Looks like the last stop is deck 17. 

We usually book our cabin all the way aft so we are well away from the elevators' and foot traffic associated noise.  

I wonder if these lifts will increase foot traffic / noise in the area of the aft cabins.  There are only two lifts, but ...

Guest Snaxmuppet

We like cabins near the elevators for our own convenience. We haven't noticed from our room any increase in traffic or noise.

8 hours ago, greenbeanie said:

Deck plans for the Sun Princess (on Princess.com) show two lifts/elevators all the way aft.  Just two, so a small "bank" of lifts.  It seems the lift initiates on deck 6 or 7, in Horizons dining room.  Looks like the last stop is deck 17. 

We usually book our cabin all the way aft so we are well away from the elevators' and foot traffic associated noise.  

I wonder if these lifts will increase foot traffic / noise in the area of the aft cabins.  There are only two lifts, but ...

We usually book aft for the same reason. We also noticed this on the deck plans and decided to book in another location. I will be surprised if it doesn’t create noise but hopefully I am wrong. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I read somewhere that they are for suite passengers only. Maybe our medallion will activate it. Obviously others will use it when a suite passenger is around.  But the size shows that it’s not meant for all passengers. 

(I’ll let you know on April 8th)

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2024 at 7:33 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I read somewhere that they are for suite passengers only. Maybe our medallion will activate it. Obviously others will use it when a suite passenger is around.  But the size shows that it’s not meant for all passengers. 

Isn't that a new level of elitism.  

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 7:33 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

There are a couple of accessible cabins aft facing on a couple of decks which should be able to use them.  Looking forward to hearing from you in April!

• Like 1

I do notice that the Suite Lounge, and many Suites, are located AFT.  As well as the Signature/Suite Sun Deck.

I am not seeing a lot of venues located Aft...  Nothing that would be busy at night.

And, with it being only the two smaller elevators, I also wondered if this was more for suite guests.

There is a lot to sill be determined and 'ironed out' on the new ship, I think.

NOTE:  I truly do not think that this should be an issue with a lot of foot traffic or noise.

1 hour ago, dog said:

I am seeing from fb, posts that show flooding, no water, no flushing, food in buffet limited hours, line ups for dining, entertainment venues not operational, port changes etc.  Granted some occur on any cruise.

My thinking is that many of the negative comments on FB are slightly overblown, especially the flooding and lineup for the restaurants.