Thermal Spa Pass Limits?

POA1

Realistically, I buy the length of voyage thermal pass, how much heated lounger time can I expect? I guess I'd be thinking in terms of hours per day or something like that.

Also, is there a reservation system to to prevent ceramic lounger hogs?

I had the thermal pass on the Zaandam and had no issues with lounger availability. However, some of them were so warm that I couldn’t lay there for too long. You check in and out at the spa desk, but there was no reservation involved. On a larger ship, with the fancy hydrotherapy pool, there might be more of an issue, but it was pretty quiet on the Zaandam during the times I was there. 

Depending on the ship, ceramic lounge time is limited to 20 or 30 min at a time - honor system w/no reservation process.

Occasionally, all loungers have been full but 1 has opened up while I'm in the hydro pool or sauna. I've never not been able to use one, but it could happen.

20240305_014454.thumb.jpg.7015ddd13dbd528510580b2bf40e5d47.jpg

20240305_014534.thumb.jpg.11c8a5d50bb41b024c281c4501c4ab26.jpg

20240305_014550.thumb.jpg.9bc4f68ee6148c8dc1f4ecf824a3e02c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We have cruised twice on the Rotterdam and bought the spa pass each time. The lounges are almost always available, except for busy times on sea days. (10-4) Even then if you are a bit patient, one will open up. Sometimes my husband and I wouldn't be able to find one next to each other, but that's no big deal. Enjoy!

We found that if we go early in the morning (8:00 am when they open) or later in the evening before they close (they usually close at 10;00 pm or so), it is much less crowded and the ceramic beds are readily available.  We also found that going on port days, while others are off the ship, is a great time to use the thermal suite.  

Same experience as others.....

Most of the time, heated loungers are available......sometimes, you have to shift your routine....do the ice bucket or sit in the sauna or relax in the pool or use the fancy showers or drink some cucumber water (LOL) and then come back and one will be open........but that is rare and I've never not been able to get one.....

I think because it is a smaller environment, the chair hogs have a difficult time doing their thing.....I rarely (but sometimes) witness the chair hog crafting his/her seedy deed. 

It's "chatty Kathy" that needs to be contained in the thermal suite.....as well as "snoring Bob." 

We love the thermal suite..........

• Like 2