For anyone who has sailed MSC in the US and Europe.

mcoler181

How did the food compare? I was watching a video review yesterday of MSC Europa, they showed and reviewed the food in the buffet.

It didn't look a patch to the buffet food we had on Seascape in February, everything from the choice to the presentation just didn't look as good.

The food in Europe, we found, to be one million, billion percent BETTER due to the fact that was (by definition) locally sourced in the EU.  The produce was better, the cheeses better. Heck, everything was better.

• Like 1

The Buffetfood is the same quality like in the US. The quality depends more on the sailing date, when a sailing is sold well then they have more money per pax for the food per day. So it can be better food or it can be cheaper food, depends on the cruise date, but not on the country.
MSC is a European cruise Line with european food.

World Europa is a little bit special, the ship have to much pax when its fully booked, and the two buffets are to small for all pax, its like a battle sometimes in the buffet.
We don't cruise on the World Europa in high saison, but off saison its just ok, but no highlight. In Winter its the only MSC Ship that cruise from Genoa so we cruise with her, but I prefer other Ships.

Nov 23 on WE vs Aug 23 on Seaside.  WE won the food battle.  It was just simply better.  Maybe because it was a short cruise, Seaside's MDR was below average.

Posted (edited)

I actually enjoyed the food on WE a tad bit more than my last cruise in the US on Meraviglia. Also, don’t judge buffet by the way it looks. The taste is what matters most. Especially when it comes to Indian cuisine.

Edited by Tierun

4 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

How did the food compare? I was watching a video review yesterday of MSC Europa, they showed and reviewed the food in the buffet.

It didn't look a patch to the buffet food we had on Seascape in February, everything from the choice to the presentation just didn't look as good.

From a Yacht club perspective, we also preferred EU food to USA.