Sydney question

Anyone have any ideas where we might find some magnetic hooks for the cabin in Sydney? Ā We will be on foot so close to the pier would be optimal. Ā Going to try Woolworths and most likely grab some amazing Thai foodšŸ¤©. Ā  Thanks in advance for any infošŸ˜Ž Ā Ā 

Agree with Chat Thai!

Actual THAI cooks (at least at Circular Quay). Delicious food.

And when they say "spicy ", it is THAI spicy, not Australian spicy.Ā 

As for MAGNETIC hooks, I have no idea.Ā 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I think they had the hooks ?

https://www.sydneyluggage.com.au

Ā 

And for Thai food we have a Thai town in Campbell street but Chat Thai has a couple of locations one in circular quay and they are better than a kick in the bum.

https://www.chatthai.com.au

i have heardĀ  Mr WongsĀ  in Bridge LaneĀ  cbd is not bad for chinese?

I am thinking of taking the good bride thereĀ  either before or after our cruise and if she is lucky we go twiceĀ  if any good

5 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

I am thinking of taking the good bride thereĀ  either before or after our cruise and if she is lucky we go twiceĀ  if any good

Itā€™s just getting something good for a reasonable price in Sydney.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Mr Wong is fabulous. But very difficult to get in independently.Ā 

Best bet is your hotel concierge.

These people have ways to get tables. (I know. I worked as one)

Ā 

If UPMARKET and contemporaryĀ  CHINESE is what you are after, then any of the LOTUS restaurant group is very, very good. My top pick is LOTUS BARANGAROO branch. (But all are great)

Edited by buchhalm
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, buchhalm said:

Mr Wong is fabulous. But very difficult to get in independently.Ā 

Best bet is your hotel concierge.

These people have ways to get tables. (I know. I worked as one)

Ā 

If UPMARKET and contemporaryĀ  CHINESE is what you are after, then any of the LOTUS restaurants is very, very good. My top pick is LOTUS BARANGAROO branch. (But all are great)

My Best MateĀ  put me on to mr wongsĀ  Ā but he would have went thereĀ  Ā  withĀ  work colleagues and said it was the best he has hadĀ  .Ā  andĀ  we are only staying at the round the cornerĀ  in jamison streetĀ  Ā thought close and handy to mr wongs

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

My Best MateĀ  put me on to mr wongsĀ  Ā but he would have went thereĀ  Ā  withĀ  work colleagues and said it was the best he has hadĀ  .Ā  andĀ  we are only staying at the round the cornerĀ  in jamison streetĀ  Ā thought close and handy to mr wongs

MR WONG is without a doubt one of the best modern Chinese restaurants. (It is NOT a traditional family run quick in and out; big portions place!)Ā 

It is definitely upmarket and CAN get very $$$$$$ .

People who are used to suburban Asian restaurants will have palpitations over the prices. BUT we have always found it worth every cent for the quality. Great drinks too!

If you want to get in; book TODAY.Ā 

You can always cancel up to two days before. *they MAY take a credit card authorisation for bookings!

4 hours ago, Pvscott said:

Anyone have any ideas where we might find some magnetic hooks for the cabin in Sydney?

Ā 

Woolworths do sell magnetic hooks, but in the CBD they only have cut down Metro stores which may or may not have stock.

Ā 

If they don't have any, Officeworks in Hunter St and Pitt St are sure to.

If you haven't foundĀ  the magnetic hooks before you get to Circular Quay, there is a good little convenience store right at the quay. It's at the rear of the building behind pier 2/3. I always get last minute things there. Also, next to it is a good liquor shop, where you can get a bottle or two of wine to take aboard, if your cruise line allows that.