Dining and the Solo Cruiser

Maybe I'm getting seated that way because I am checking in as soon as the restaurant opens? Could be different at the busier times. I tend to go to breakfast/brunch early to beat the crowds and because I'm an early riser.

You will have a table to yourself.  Depending on the ship, other tables may be close to yours as well.  You can choose to interact with other diners or not.  I've done both and it's always been a lovely experience.

4 hours ago, mz-s said:

I've only been seated at a 2-top for brunch or breakfast perhaps once or twice in all my cruises. Granted we usually do breakfast or brunch at the buffet, so not a huge sample size. But every time we eat in the MDR, or nearly every time, we are seated at a large table along with other small groups of folks who checked in at around the same time.

We are a party of two and always request a private table. Out of the several dozen times we have done Sea Day Brunch, we have only been assigned to a group table 2 or 3 times, and never in the last year or so.  Maybe we have just been lucky.

These days, if they led us to a group table, I would probably say, "We requested a private table.  We can wait until one is available."

Just did my first Solo Cruise with AnyTime dining and had no problem. After you check in it will give you a table number, but I just told them I preferred a booth and was willing to wait. Within 5 minutes I had my booth.