Enforcement

10 minutes ago, Leigh1107 said:

What if I am disabled and all I can wear is flip flops?

8 minutes ago, Leigh1107 said:

I also have a letter from my doctor explaining the situation. I will also have a scooter.

Then that is between you and the cruise line and is no one else's business.

2 hours ago, K32682 said:

Some people however sweat the small stuff. For people with a rigid and authoritarian outlook not following the dress code annoys them greatly and they are annoyed equally at the line and the passengers who do not share their unbending adherence to guidelines. 

A rule that is not enforced nor carries consequences falls somewhere between a request and a recommendation and if the people who wrote the rules don't think they are important enough to enforce then they are not important enough for me to follow.

This amuses me no end.

I get it, that some folk want to "dress up" when they go somewhere posh. And posh places sometimes have a dress code.

What amuses me on a cruise ship though, is that they arent going anywhere posh, or certainly no posher than the place they went the night before, when they wore jeans and polo shirts.

They are going to exactly the same dining room as the previous night, but on this particular night they get severely triggered by other folk not wearing a tuxedo.

You arent going to Ritz in London.........just the dining room.

Also, I would rather be sat near a couple with great hygiene in jeans and polo shirt, rather than someone in an ill fitting tuxedo, that hadnt been worn in years, and smelled of moth balls. I could have taken photos of this very thing about ill-fitting suits, had a felt the need to do so or wanted to, last year on Beyond.

And some folk wouldnt look good in a £1,000 suit or dress no matter how hard they tried. Thats just a fact.

3 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Then that is between you and the cruise line and is no one else's business.

But how would anyone know, when they make their ridiculous complaint about someone else not adhering to the dress code?

leigh1107 wont be carrying a neon sign highlighting their permission not to comply.

57 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

But how would anyone know, when they make their ridiculous complaint about someone else not adhering to the dress code?

leigh1107 wont be carrying a neon sign highlighting their permission not to comply.

So what? They make a complaint and it doesn't get acted on. It's their skivvies that are getting bunched up, no one else's. Certainly telling them to just let things go and not to worry about it isn't going to work, so it's best just to ignore it (and this is only one reason why I didn't go into customer service).