A Few Quick Divina Questions!

Hi, All!

My husband and I are on the Divina next month.  First time on an MSC cruise, and we’re in the Yacht Club.

A LOT of our questions and curiosity were taken care of by the two recent trip reports, but I still have a few things I’m wondering about.  Hoping I can get some info from you!

1) I see some beverages are provided in the mini fridge.  Is it possible to ask that any of these be changed out for something else?  (Not big Heineken fans, for instance.)

2) Thrilled to learn the Divina is now supported by the MSC for Me app.  Has the Divina been upgraded to StarLink for internet?  Also, does the ship use wristbands yet?

3) Think I already know the answer to this one, but…is there any shade at all at the YC pool area?

4) I know as YC passengers, we have some limited spa access.  Can anyone tell me what amenities we are able to use?  Do we need to make reservations?

5) We’re planning to stay onboard during a couple of the port days.  Are lounges, stores, etc., open?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

4 hours ago, Cathy in Boston said:

2) Thrilled to learn the Divina is now supported by the MSC for Me app.  Has the Divina been upgraded to StarLink for internet?  Also, does the ship use wristbands yet?

Starlink yes, but the standard wifi package for YC is the Browse, not the Stream, so it is good but you will not have the most unrestricted package.

No wristbands.

3) Think I already know the answer to this one, but…is there any shade at all at the YC pool area?

There is shade in the bar/buffet area of the pool deck.

5) We’re planning to stay onboard during a couple of the port days.  Are lounges, stores, etc., open?

Stores tend to be closed in port to avoid local sales tax issues, some bars may not open if there are a lot of people off the ship and the speciality venues do not tend to open for lunch either, but the YC restaurant will be open at lunch time as usual.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the wristbands, but I doubt it unless it's changed since we were on last year.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for the spa. Divina spa is small with steam rooms and saunas that are gender specific. There is a lounge area with only a few chairs and no thermal pool.  We only went once on an 11-day cruise. I was with my husband, so we wanted to be in the same areas, which may not be an issue for everyone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mnpurple said:

I'm not sure about the wristbands, but I doubt it unless it's changed since we were on last year.

We got off Divina 2 weeks ago, no wristbands.

• Like 1

The thermal area on the Divina is a real disappointment.  I did not like it at all.  

You definitely can tell the butler what you would like stocked in terms beer and soft drinks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We're on Divina now (with @Cathy in Boston). We just happened to stroll past the Cigar Lounge about 4 hours ago and were surprised to see that it still exists. I just checked the Daily Program and today's hours are listed as 5pm to 12:30am.

(I'm posting all the Daily Programs in my live thread if you want to check hours for other days.)