Dry dock schedule.

Does anyone know if there is a published dry dock schedule?  Not important and has no effect on my upcoming cruises, just curious about if we will see any updates on any of them, and what they might be.  I tried looking, but I obviously wasn’t successful in my search words.

The one thing I have seen in recent postings on you tube is that POA still has shower curtains vs the doors we are seeing on other ships…not a huge thing, and it’s gonna suck, but I’m still going and will deal.

Posted (edited)

This article is rather dated, so I have no idea how accurate it may be...but if you scroll down into the article you will see various cruise lines and their respective schedules.  Many of the entries have long come and gone, but there are a few for 2024 and 2025.  Again...these could *easily* have changed.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/767-cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

If the OP is asking about the POA, she is due for dry dock in June this year.  Whether they will replace shower curtains with doors given the current debt load, is anyone's to answer.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This article is rather dated, so I have no idea how accurate it may be...but if you scroll down into the article you will see various cruise lines and their respective schedules.  Many of the entries have long come and gone, but there are a few for 2024 and 2025.  Again...these could *easily* have changed.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/767-cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule

This is great…I looked and honestly didn’t see it…I will keep checking it though hoping for updates. I even looked for gaps in itineraries.

36 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

If the OP is asking about the POA, she is due for dry dock in June this year.  Whether they will replace shower curtains with doors given the current debt load, is anyone's to answer.

Yes, POA (will hope for the shower curtain replacement - but won’t hold my breath - and won’t “ruin” my cruise if I’m still fighting a shower curtain) but also Bliss, and Jade which are my next 2 after POA.  I was on the Jade in March 2018, so not too long after the 2017 updates.  And on the Bliss about a year after launch.  Nothing I found lacking in either of them, like I said more curiosity than anything else.

where did you find the info that POA is in dry dock in June? Or is that insider knowledge?  I don’t mind looking for the info myself, I just don’t know the sites to look.  Like I said I tried googling, but was unsuccessful.

Jade is due in March 2025, Bliss due in March 2026.  I just search the DNV (Det Norske Veritas, the classification society (that does the drydock surveys)) "DNV Vessel Register" that NCL uses, for each ship and see when the "bottom survey" is due.  Other lines use either DNV, Lloyds Register, or ABS class societies, where you can find the same data for other ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pearl is going back into drydock in 2025, at least thats whats reported by Sixthman. (they’re using the Gem next year). seems a bit soon since they did a lot of work in 2021. i wonder if this one will be more public space focused… like they did with the Gem.  

10 minutes ago, scar4711 said:

Pearl is going back into drydock in 2025, at least thats whats reported by Sixthman. (they’re using the Gem next year). seems a bit soon since they did a lot of work in 2021. i wonder if this one will be more public space focused… like they did with the Gem.  

DNV shows Pearl due in December this year.  Dockings are due twice in 5 years, so this is 3 years after the 2021 docking.  Then it will be due again in December 2026.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Jade is due in March 2025…

Oooh! I’ll be on her April 3rd, 2025 for the repositioning to Alaska, so hopefully they’ll be able to refresh some of the furnishings in the public areas as well. Was just checking her February and March 2025 schedule and not seeing any break that would allow a dry-docking?

🤔

Edited by dmwnc1959

On 3/7/2024 at 9:27 AM, MrsTocko said:

Does anyone know if there is a published dry dock schedule?  Not important and has no effect on my upcoming cruises, just curious about if we will see any updates on any of them, and what they might be.  I tried looking, but I obviously wasn’t successful in my search words.

The one thing I have seen in recent postings on you tube is that POA still has shower curtains vs the doors we are seeing on other ships…not a huge thing, and it’s gonna suck, but I’m still going and will deal.

Just off the POA. The shower curtain is only 1/4 the size of a regular curtain. The shower is small and with a door I would have been hitting my elbows on it. We had no water issues on the floor with the curtain.

The POA does need a scraping, sanding and repainting of many small rust spots showing. I think that would be more appropriate during a dry dock.