Bath amenities question

AtlantaCruiser72

I'm sailing on the Silver Shadow in December.  Do they provide bubble bath as part of their bath amenities?  I just sailed Regent in January and loved that they supplied bath foam for taking a bubble bath- was a lovely touch!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I'm sailing on the Silver Shadow in December.  Do they provide bubble bath as part of their bath amenities?  I just sailed Regent in January and loved that they supplied bath foam for taking a bubble bath- was a lovely touch!

Can’t you just pour the body wash or shampoo in for the same result?  Bath crystals are also provided.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Can’t you just pour the body wash or shampoo in for the same result?  Bath crystals are also provided.

Body Wash actually will work in a pinch, but it leaves the skin feeling differently than a true bubble bath soap/foam and the suds do not last as long.  That said if they have decent quality bath crystals all the better!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

This is hit or miss. No bubble bath packet, but sometimes a bath salt packet or tablet. You can certainly ask your butler or suite attendant.

These amenities more likely to show up in the silver suites and above, however in these penny pinching/cost cutting days of silversea, who knows what you will see.

there used to be a loofah type scrubber, and also a shower pouf to use with the shower gel/body wash. Haven’t seen those in awhile.

Posted (edited)

I am not sure whether Silver Shadow stocks some Otium products or whether they are still using Bulgari but on a recent sailing on Nova we enjoyed the new bathroom amenities which included items for a luxurious bath.  I believe it was a nicely scented bath ball that fizzed to produce some bubbles and scented water.  I don't recall it being super bubbly but one could always put a little body wash or shampoo to help things along if excessive bubbles is the goal. Additional bath balls (and shower tablets which worked in the same manner and produced a heavenly scent when activated by the water) were available to us at any time.  Like others, I often bring with me, or purchase in port, additional bathroom and suite amenities to provide creature comforts.

Edited by goldengatecruisers
  • Like 2

On our last cruise on the Dawn there was shower gel/shampoo which I used in the bath. It produced plenty of bubbles. I also travel with my own as we always have pre and/or post cruise stops. There was also a loofah and bar soap. Brand was Bulgari.

• Like 1