Help! Has anyone sailed on Seashore in 16027 or sister cabin?

nattie

I have never sailed MSC and assumed that cabin that rates for up to 5 people would have a Pullman and a sofa bed, as in all my previous experiences. Does it actually have a Pullman? MSc rep says no.

Posted (edited)

According to the deck plan that cabin on,y has a foldout couch.  There are several on deck 18 that have the symbols for couch and upper.  The cabin category description says sleeps up to 5.  It does not say/mean all can accommodate 5.  Here is a pic of 18018 with couch out and bunk down (filched from cruisedeckplans):

IMG_3207.jpeg

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone!

It is so confusing to me, as i have 19027 which is listed as the same as 16011, but accomodates only 3 people. On my previous cruises 4th person automatically meant the bunk bed, so I guess MSC has a different set up.

Will it be possible to get a rollaway bed? 

52 minutes ago, nattie said:

On my previous cruises 4th person automatically meant the bunk bed, so I guess MSC has a different set up.

It depends. 

The sofa bed could be the type where 2 people sleep side by side or (outside of the Yacht Club) it could be the type where one person sleeps above the other.....

mera-cabin-1080x1440.jpg

...and in some other cases, the pull man could drop from the ceiling or wall for guest #4. 

If you're staying in the Yacht Club on Seashore, I'd recommend a Deluxe Suite or Grand Deluxe Suite that sleeps 5 so the guests 3&4 have the option to sleep in separate beds. One would get the larger sofa bed and the other would get the pull man from the ceiling. If 3&4 don't mind sleeping in the same (sofa) bed, any Deluxe, Grand Deluxe, Royal, or Owner's Suite will work. 

1 hour ago, nattie said:

It is so confusing to me, as i have 19027 which is listed as the same as 16011, but accomodates only 3 people.

19027 sleeps up to 4 people with 3&4 sharing a sofa bed side by side like the photo posted by Essiesmom but without the pull man above, 

Thank you @Two Wheels Only!

We are both in Yach Club. Unfortunately at this point it is fully sold out, so no way to change the cabin assignment. I belive both cabins we have booked are in Grand Deluxe category.

3 minutes ago, nattie said:

We are both in Yach Club.

Are the two staterooms 16027 and 19027? If so, the sleeping arrangements are the same but the layout of the interior is a bit different. 19027 (I believe) has a walk-in closet while 16027 does not. 

4 minutes ago, nattie said:

Forgot to add that the pic @Two Wheels Only posted was what I was expecting from the stateroom to begin with.

That type...

25042569-176963399556888-694430004412835

...isn't available in the Yacht Club. 

6 minutes ago, nattie said:

I have never had a sofa count as "double berth" on a cruise. Live and learn I guess.

There's also this type (sofa bed for one, pull man above for another)...

attachment.php?attachmentid=414336&stc=1

...on the same ship but also outside of the Yacht Club.

It is confusing with so many different sleeping configurations but the Yacht Club sleeping arrangement is more consistent. There are other variables such as does/doesn't have a walk-in closet on Seashore/Seascape that I'm working on organizing but I still have a few data gaps.

If possible, could you post a photo of 19027 to show that it does have the walk-in closet? I'm confident that it does but I'm putting together a list which has photo/video evidence for every Deluxe Grand. 

19011 on Seascape was reviewed by Cruise Critic so I can confirm that it has the walk-in closet. I could still use the photo since the Cruise Critic review didn't have one. Thanks. 

16027 does not have the walk-in closet but the stateroom is larger/wider than most in the category. The balcony is wider, too. 

On 3/12/2024 at 8:24 PM, Essiesmom said:

According to the deck plan that cabin on,y has a foldout couch.  There are several on deck 18 that have the symbols for couch and upper.  The cabin category description says sleeps up to 5.  It does not say/mean all can accommodate 5.  Here is a pic of 18018 with couch out and bunk down (filched from cruisedeckplans):

IMG_3207.jpeg

I had that cabin last year and last month I had 18019.

Both are GS cabins.  

Here's a vid of 16027.  As mentioned above, it's an extra wide Deluxe Grand Suite without the walk-in closet.  I considered this room for the extra space and not being below the pool deck.;