HAL Platinum Protection Plan

7 hours ago, Ineke said:

imagine our shock when we were told we could not get it for our upcoming cruise in April, because we are from British Columbia. So we settled for the next best thing, and fortunately have very good emergency medical coverage. But as a Canadian, be aware. This is when living on the Wet Coast is not ideal.

BC recently changed some sort of legislation which meant that the insurance could not be sold there any longer.  It’s the same in a couple of other provinces (Quebec comes to mind)

9 hours ago, LAX said:

How was your experience? If there are 3 guests in the stateroom, is there a way to specify a particularly guest as being the 3rd one (lower fare) so that the cost is lower?

LAX

I’m hoping someone with this experience will answer you. I was a solo both times.

The first time I canceled 4 days prior due to a close family member becoming ill. I was fully refunded (90% cruise fare) within a week. The second time was 2 hours before The Pause started. I received the refund about 6 months later ( like everyone else in line.) They also gave me the FCC, which surprised me as it truly was not part of the deal when I exercised my CPP.

On 3/13/2024 at 3:47 PM, crystalspin said:

It is not "very good insurance". But it is available insurance! 

ccp.jpg

ETA: as long as they don't live in New York State, Quebec, British Columbia, Puerto Rico or the United Kingdom.

However, the Standard Plan (80% refund) is available to everyone regardless of residency, excepting residents of the UK.  

• Thanks 1

We have costco trip insurance for our upcoming celebrity cruise. As long as you are a costco member, you can purchase it even if you don't book with them. It's 6.5% of trip costs without booking through costco travel & 5% if you booked through them. You need to buy the insurance within 21 days of purchase to get preexisting medical conditions covered. For our Bermuda cruise I checked a bunch of policies & costco was at least $75 cheaper. Good coverage also. We have a chase sapphire reserve card but get insurance coverage for cruises & international trips. Our health coverage,  even though Medicare is primary, covers us for emergency medical abroad 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

We have costco trip insurance for our upcoming celebrity cruise. As long as you are a costco member, you can purchase it even if you don't book with them. It's 6.5% of trip costs without booking through costco travel & 5% if you booked through them. You need to buy the insurance within 21 days of purchase to get preexisting medical conditions covered. For our Bermuda cruise I checked a bunch of policies & costco was at least $75 cheaper. Good coverage also. We have a chase sapphire reserve card but get insurance coverage for cruises & international trips. Our health coverage,  even though Medicare is primary, covers us for emergency medical abroad 

Is Costco CFAR?

1 hour ago, catspaw1 said:

now I found it- cancel for any reason. It would help to spell out acronyms. Yes they had it but it was more money so we didn't get it.

Sorry, I assume you were familiar with it since we had been talking about cancel for any reason.  My bad!

I never assume on any acronym! I booked 2 cruises- both with Celebrity with it. We cruised on HAL 30 years ago to AK & Carribean for 10 days once & really enjoyed both trips. We are thinking of either HAl or Princess to AK August 2 or 3 from Whitter southbound so have been lurking on the HAL site.

1 hour ago, catspaw1 said:

I never assume on any acronym! I booked 2 cruises- both with Celebrity with it. We cruised on HAL 30 years ago to AK & Carribean for 10 days once & really enjoyed both trips. We are thinking of either HAl or Princess to AK August 2 or 3 from Whitter southbound so have been lurking on the HAL site.

HAL has been going to Alaska longer, so gets a bit of priority in some ports, or getting in Glacier Bay.

Going back to Glacier bay is a must for us. Loved that NPS ranger prevention we had over 30 years ago. We loved AK then! We had a really good time on HAL & that's why we wanted to return.