Royal genie question

Hello again cruisers, headed on oasis in 3 weeks, first cruise for us (my wife and 2 boys) we have a star class suite booked and I've searched here and get some mixed reviews on genies. Anyone with recent experince, especially on oasis, have any specific good or bad experiences? Some I've read their genie does just about anything they ask (within reason)and others, though a smaller group, have said their genies were missing a portion of the time or even tough to find. Curious to hear any of you veteran cruisers experience, thanks. 

46 minutes ago, theycallmedp said:

Anyone with recent experience, especially on oasis, have any specific good or bad experiences?

@A&L_Ont may have some feedback. You may want to read his current live from Oasis thread.

Genies are just people....so you get some good ones and a few that may not meet your expectations.

Which ship will you be on, @theycallmedp ?

I think you will find that the vast majority will be in your category #1 - overachievers.  I have never personally heard anyone say that their Genie was "hard to find"....not saying it hasn't happened, of course.

I do think that the Genies are relying more, these days, on the WhatsApp and that this can make the service seem a bit more impersonal but frankly, it is pretty rare for anyone to have a request denied by a Genie. They go out of their way to make their passengers happy so it's rare for them to say "no".  Have some of the "rules" changed over the years ?  Yes.

Currently Oasis has some of the best Genies in the fleet.  I don't think you will have any issues at all.

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Genies are just people....so you get some good ones and a few that may not meet your expectations.

Which ship will you be on, @theycallmedp ?

I think you will find that the vast majority will be in your category #1 - overachievers.  I have never personally heard anyone say that their Genie was "hard to find"....not saying it hasn't happened, of course.

I do think that the Genies are relying more, these days, on the WhatsApp and that this can make the service seem a bit more impersonal but frankly, it is pretty rare for anyone to have a request denied by a Genie. They go out of their way to make their passengers happy so it's rare for them to say "no".  Have some of the "rules" changed over the years ?  Yes.

Currently Oasis has some of the best Genies in the fleet.  I don't think you will have any issues at all.

I’ll be on oasis in April

22 minutes ago, theycallmedp said:

I’ll be on oasis in April

Thanks.  I meant to erase my question (since I saw that you are on OA when I re-read your post) so apologize.

All our experiences with genies have been outstanding.

After covid, during the restart, we were in Civitavechia. The Italian authorities wouldn't allow us to board the ship...saying we were missing documents.

We politely explained that we were consecutive cruisers (b3b), had In-transit cards, seapass cards, and luggages already onboard...still wouldn't let us board.

We happened to see our genie and yelled "Ellie HELP!"

After a brief explanation, she spoke to the Italian authorities and we were allowed to board. Point of this story is: Our genie helped us even when OFF the ship.

* As one Captain told us: " Genies are the second most powerful crew member on the ship." :classic_smile: Happy sailing!

On Oasis now in Star Class. Our Genie is just a WhatsApp text away.

We have found him to be one of our best, and with around 12 Star Sailings we have only had one that wasn’t good. She is no longer with the cruise line.  

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

On Oasis now in Star Class. Our Genie is just a WhatsApp text away.

We have found him to be one of our best, and with around 12 Star Sailings we have only had one that wasn’t good. She is no longer with the cruise line.  

Great to hear, ours already emailed us and sounds likes he’s going to be great. Curiosity gets the best of us sometimes lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theycallmedp said:

Great to hear, ours already emailed us and sounds likes he’s going to be great. Curiosity gets the best of us sometimes lol

Who do you have?

Just now, theycallmedp said:

His initials are LD, I don’t want to blow up anyone’s spot on a forum. 

Not our current Genie but I think I have seen him in passing. From what I’ve seen, I think you should be more than good. 👍 

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not our current Genie but I think I have seen him in passing. From what I’ve seen, I think you should be more than good. 👍 

Awesome. Thank you for the info, much appreciated. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theycallmedp said:

Awesome. Thank you for the info, much appreciated. 

Out of curiosity what room do you have. I’m currently on my balcony while I respond to you. I also have a live review going on the RC cruise boards if you care to follow along.

In my signature there are many reviews which many are Star Class. 

IMG_4435.thumb.jpeg.b05fd76b1835b0a78cbe6ede7f329b43.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Out of curiosity what room do you have. I’m currently on my balcony while I respond to you. I also have a live review going on the RC cruise boards if you care to follow along.

In my signature there are many reviews which many are Star Class. 

IMG_4435.thumb.jpeg.b05fd76b1835b0a78cbe6ede7f329b43.jpeg

That looks like the Royal loft maybe? We have the grand panoramic suite and I took a shot at Royal up for the Royal loft. I’ll definitely follow the live. Thank you again. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, theycallmedp said:

That looks like the Royal loft maybe? We have the grand panoramic suite and I took a shot at Royal up for the Royal loft. I’ll definitely follow the live. Thank you again. 

We are currently in the Star Loft. It’s our home away from home.

One of my first reviews is of the Royal Loft prior to Star Class.  We have stayed in the RLS a few times in Allure and Oasis. There should be a review with Star Class as well.

Please follow along on the live review. As an advanced warming I don’t go on about the perks and mainly gloss over them. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, theycallmedp said:

We have the grand panoramic suite and I took a shot at Royal up for the Royal loft. I’ll definitely follow the live. Thank you again. 

We were in the GPS on OA a few years ago.  It is an awesome suite !  ...the nicest one we have ever stayed in...realizing that we have never stayed in any Royal suite, much less a RLS.  The GPS is HUGE.  The balcony is a bit disappointing - it's very narrow - but it was more than adequate for us.  One caution - it can get VERY noisy out on the balcony as the noise from the pool deck seems to drive straight up to that suite.  Other than that.....enjoy it !

27 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We were in the GPS on OA a few years ago.  It is an awesome suite !  ...the nicest one we have ever stayed in...realizing that we have never stayed in any Royal suite, much less a RLS.  The GPS is HUGE.  The balcony is a bit disappointing - it's very narrow - but it was more than adequate for us.  One caution - it can get VERY noisy out on the balcony as the noise from the pool deck seems to drive straight up to that suite.  Other than that.....enjoy it !

Thank you for the insight. I’ve read a couple more reviews that it gets noisy out there, I have a royal up bid in for the Royal loft suite but from what I’m reading seems like less than 50/50… overall looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

For you experienced RCL travelers, I have an upcoming cruise on Harmony in a few weeks and have booked the Royal loft and both Star lofts for my kids.

Would I expect one genie for my three rooms, or different genies?

Also, and even if I had the same genie for my three rooms, would that same genie still have other Star class rooms to service?

TY

Posted (edited)

I’d like to think they’d give you the same Genie.  Our Genie right now has had 3 related cabins at once before. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, buncosquad said:

For you experienced RCL travelers, I have an upcoming cruise on Harmony in a few weeks and have booked the Royal loft and both Star lofts for my kids.

Would I expect one genie for my three rooms, or different genies?

Also, and even if I had the same genie for my three rooms, would that same genie still have other Star class rooms to service?

TY

You can definitely request the same Genie.  I feel that if they gave that Genie all 3 of those rooms, this would probably be his/her only SC guests but who knows....

• Thanks 1