Caribbean Princess specialty dining.

pathi

I am 30 days from my cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I have been try for about a month now to book either Crown grill, or Sabatini's. In the app there has not been any available slots for either restaurant, on any day during the cruise. 1st time I have run into this. Maybe the cause is the premium pkg?

Anyway, what are the chances of some slots being reserved for people that try to book onboard? I plan to call dine line immediately once onboard.

51 minutes ago, pathi said:

I am 30 days from my cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I have been try for about a month now to book either Crown grill, or Sabatini's. In the app there has not been any available slots for either restaurant, on any day during the cruise. 1st time I have run into this. Maybe the cause is the premium pkg?

Anyway, what are the chances of some slots being reserved for people that try to book onboard? I plan to call dine line immediately once onboard.

Happened to me last October on the CB and I was able to get reservations no problem when I called from my stateroom on board.

32 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Happened to me last October on the CB and I was able to get reservations no problem when I called from my stateroom on board.

Exactly they never book the whole restaurant in advance we have never had a problem booking through the dine line once on board

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

Exactly they never book the whole restaurant in advance we have never had a problem booking through the dine line once on board

and on our last cruise on the CB - we went straight to the crown grill, tried to book - nope - all booked for entire cruise ... we can get you into Sabatini's, but only for the first night.

plain ole balcony dweller - not in a suite

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

and on our last cruise on the CB - we went straight to the crown grill, tried to book - nope - all booked for entire cruise ... we can get you into Sabatini's, but only for the first night.

That doesn't bode well for Premiere and Plus people hoping to take advantage of the specialty dining options built into the package they paid for.  What kind of scam is Princess running here!?

2 minutes ago, WinksCruises said:

That doesn't bode well for Premiere and Plus people hoping to take advantage of the specialty dining options built into the package they paid for.  What kind of scam is Princess running here!?

I debated the same as when we booked the SUN P and took Premier.  It's only a little 5 day'er and 2 specialty dinners each seems like a no-brainer if we can book them that is.

No specialty dinners included in PLUS by the way - just Premier

1 hour ago, WinksCruises said:

The plus package does not include any specialty dining. Again we have never had issues booking on board. Note - on embarkation night full suites are guaranteed specially dining so there are less tables available. We were on the Crown in January and ate in Sabatini’s and Crown Grill and neither was more than 2/3 full