ATV excursions in Costa Maya and Cozumel age limits on Celebrity Equinox

Droop

The hubby and I are going on the Celebrity Equinox on Feb 8 2025 and we have a question about the ATV excursion.  I tried to book the ATV excursions for Costa Maya as well as Cozumel and they stated that there was an age limit of 65 years old.  I contacted Celebrity and asked the lady about the excursions.  I noticed that there is an age limit.  There was one conflict on the Costa Maya excursion (on the right it stated that 65 was the max and to the left it stated that the max was 60.  In all the years that we have cruised we have never seen the age limit max.  

The lady that I spoke to stated that I would have to contact the excursion people via e-mail.  She stated that if they are not able to resolve it that we would have to wait until we get on the ship (at that point I think it would be full).  😞  Has anyone run into this before?  My husband will be 68 by the time we go on this cruise.  I will be 61.  We are fully capable to drive/ride an ATV.  Times must be changing.  I'm really disappointed.  

I have noticed these age restrictions popping up more and more.  We are doing the ship excursion for ATVs in Costa Maya (with Princess).  It states max age as 65.  We are 61, but have noticed these restrictions on some snorkeling excursions as well.  have never seen them before - at least not commonly.  Seems to mean that once you hit 65 or 70 - its only bus rides (Blah).

I just cancelled our jet boat excursion in Cozumel as it had a weight restriction as well (max weight 240lbs - also max age 70 years).  I am 250lbs.  Grr.  We did a jet boat excursion in Australia last year and had a blast (certainly didn't have a weight limit that low).  But I didn't want to have a problem if they actually called me on the weight.

These age/weight limits are nothing new. I cruise a lot and my husband was over 65 years ago and we were very limited on what I could book. You just get blocked and the reservation for the excursion blocks. If it happens to slip through you get on the ship and find out it was never booked and find a credit on your original form of payment. If you check with them you get told no exceptions. 
For years I have had to book private excursions due to the age restrictions. 
Alaska flight excursions they have every one stand on a scale and big over it’s $100 and up extra but you may not be with your group.  They average the weight out between their planes. 

3 hours ago, Wasasalad said:

These age/weight limits are nothing new. I cruise a lot and my husband was over 65 years ago and we were very limited on what I could book. You just get blocked and the reservation for the excursion blocks. If it happens to slip through you get on the ship and find out it was never booked and find a credit on your original form of payment. If you check with them you get told no exceptions. 
For years I have had to book private excursions due to the age restrictions. 
Alaska flight excursions they have every one stand on a scale and big over it’s $100 and up extra but you may not be with your group.  They average the weight out between their planes. 

I agree it is nothing new. It has been occurring more often in the last few years and there  have been numerous discussions on here about it  previously regarding different excursions.

It is probably due to insurance restrictions. People have often been able to book independently where the restrictions are different, or ignored.

• Like 1

It's funny I've never seen a Max age....but then I guess it never occurred to me that it was coming to this.  There do not seem to be any excursions that look that great.  We have been some of the other Mayan ruins and things like that but we are not into the beach or foodie/shopping excursions.  We are running out of excursions to take from the ship.  Oh well blah blah blah like Mud_Shark said.  

• Like 1