How are the Swans doing 2024?

Hi mates

I was reminded last week that the season was starting. I meant to start this thread then but I got distracted! I went and checked the standings and, to my relief and surprise, the Swans are 2-0. What a nice way to start.

So, who ate the favorites to win it all this year? Which teams did the most to improve during the off-season? Can the Swans keep it up?

Let's get this party started 😁

Special thanks to possum52 for the reminder. (And we play Essendon this week?? Good luck to both teams!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks Mic. been a busy year--new puppies, trip t Galapagos and Macchu Picchu, then a trip around the Med and a TA home, returned just in time for Xmas. Now I can follow the Swans, without Buddy 😞

Hoping the Swans can keep it up.

• Like 3

No Whiners I wondered where you were glad to see you are still following the Swans.

As for the favourites one big betting agency here had Collingwood, Brisbane, Carlton and GWS as top 4 a couple of weeks ago and of course now Collingwood are out of the 4 and Sydney in. 

The AFL had Brisbane, GWS, Collingwood and Adelaide.

I like taking screenshots at the beginning of the season and compare end of season.

Yep, still here, thanks for the shout out! Still rooting for the Swans, can't break the habit.

Hmm, Carlton?? I think they finished pretty well last year, if my memory serves, but I'm not so sure.

I love the idea of taking screenshots at the beginning of the season and comparing it to the actual results. Maybe also send it to the person who made the prediction?? Can't hurt to keep them honest!

Looking forward to another great season.

• Like 3

Had to give up on the game as we had guests.Sydney pulled away in the 3rd quarter.

3/4 time the scores were Sydney 13.13 (91) to Esendon 10.8 (74).

Final scores Swans 19.17 (131) to Bombers 15.11 (101).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Had to give up on the game as we had guests.Sydney pulled away in the 3rd quarter.

3/4 time the scores were Sydney 13.13 (91) to Essendon 10.8 (68).

Final scores Swans 19.17 (131) to Bombers 15.11 (101).

Edited.3rd quarter score

42 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks Mic.

I just noticed Formula 1 racing is in Melbourne, happening now. Hope you're watching!

No thanks, I would rather watch paint dry. Hope your team does well.

Plenty of football on today, I am watching my favourite code of Footall which is soccer here, happens to be a women's game as well.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

No thanks, I would rather watch paint dry. Hope your team does well.

Plenty of football on today, I am watching my favourite code of Footall which is soccer here, happens to be a women's game as well.

LOL! That's how I feel about baseball. I like to see the F1 locations--some are pretty exotic but I get tired of watching them drive in circles.

The Port game is on here in a little while but I'll be asleep. Dam the time difference 😁

Women's games are often better than men, especially in basketball. Good onya for supporting the women.

• Like 1

I enjoy watching the women in many sports as mostly they haven't got the power or strength of the men so their passing, skills and agility need to be good and the teamwork and timing better structured. This is the skill I enjoy, especially in soccer.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

1/ 2 time had the Tigers up by 11 points.

3/4 time had Port up by 7 points.

Full time had Port win by 30 points.

Wow, Port turned it on at the end! Must have been those orange slices at HT 😁

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Richmond Tigers won 11.16 (82) beat the Sydney Swans 11.11 (77).

I didn't see the game but assume it was a wet , slushy game due to all the rain in Victoria on Sunday.

Swans are 3 wins from 4 on 12 points, 5th spot due to their percentage. The top 6 all have 3 wins so far.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Richmond Tigers won 11.16 (82) beat the Sydney Swans 11.11 (77).

I didn't see the game but assume it was a wet , slushy game due to all the rain in Victoria on Sunday.

Swans are 3 wins from 4 on 12 points, 5th spot due to their percentage. The top 6 all have 3 wins so far.

What rain in Victoria on Sunday Mic? Not a drop of rain until mid yesterday afternoon in Melbourne when the Cats v Hawks game was stopped for a while due to a thunderstorm. It was murky though with smoke from burnoffs in the Dandenongs. 

• Like 2