Ship tour

Lustate

I did the tour a few months ago on Scarlet Lady.  It was $200.  The places you went to are the following.

Red Room (behind the stage also)

6th Floor Kitchens

Provisioning/Storage

Engine Control Room

Environmental Room

Laundry

Bridge

I don't recall any other places that we went to.  Pictures weren't allowed anywhere except the bridge.

Hope that helps

• Like 3

7 hours ago, afurman said:

I did the tour a few months ago on Scarlet Lady.  It was $200.  The places you went to are the following.

Red Room (behind the stage also)

6th Floor Kitchens

Provisioning/Storage

Engine Control Room

Environmental Room

Laundry

Bridge

I don't recall any other places that we went to.  Pictures weren't allowed anywhere except the bridge.

Hope that helps

Is it $200 per person or per cabin?

14 minutes ago, afurman said:

Per Person

Thank you.  I was afraid you were going to say that.  That's pretty steep.  I took my daughter on one of these years ago on Carnival and it was the same places on the ship.  Neat to see but not sure it's $200 worth of neatness!

On another line, it was free to people who had the top loyalty level.  Yeah, VV at $200 per person is way steep, but it is a way to use some of that loot.  THe stores don't have anything worth buying.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cantgetin said:

On another line, it was free to people who had the top loyalty level.  

Rockstars have an arranged tour of the bridge, which is generally offered to them on VV. Megas also get a few things on top, such as blowing the horn on departure from a port I have saw offered to people in the Massive Suite.

• Like 1

Now this is a tiny bit off topic but I had a friend who was a MegaRock on one of the cruises out of San Juan last month. She was very upset because of so many things that she and I have seen here on this page that her agent said couldn't be done. When she and her husband asked about doing the ship tour their agent said it would cost them because Megas don't get it for free. Then they asked if they could take a bottle of unopened rum, from their bar, home with them and he said they couldn't do that at all. There were so many things that he said he couldn't do for them and yet others post about doing it all the time. But this ship tour was one they had been really looking forward to. They paid for it but it's sad that they had to.

13 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

Now this is a tiny bit off topic but I had a friend who was a MegaRock on one of the cruises out of San Juan last month. She was very upset because of so many things that she and I have seen here on this page that her agent said couldn't be done. When she and her husband asked about doing the ship tour their agent said it would cost them because Megas don't get it for free. Then they asked if they could take a bottle of unopened rum, from their bar, home with them and he said they couldn't do that at all. There were so many things that he said he couldn't do for them and yet others post about doing it all the time. But this ship tour was one they had been really looking forward to. They paid for it but it's sad that they had to.

The only previous free offering was a bridge tour, did they specifically ask for a bridge tour? If they asked for a ship tour then I would expect them to get pointed towards the full tour that has a charge, but asking for just a bridge tour might be different?

Also in terms of taking bottles of spirits, when we were rockstar we didn’t ask, just took them!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

The only previous free offering was a bridge tour, did they specifically ask for a bridge tour? If they asked for a ship tour then I would expect them to get pointed towards the full tour that has a charge, but asking for just a bridge tour might be different?

Also in terms of taking bottles of spirits, when we were rockstar we didn’t ask, just took them!

I know at one point she mentioned to me a bridge tour but we were also talking about the ship tour, so not sure on that. On the alcohol, I guess she shouldn't have asked the agent. I will let her know because she has another cruise booked for December in a Mega suite.

1 minute ago, Wildcatllamas said:

On the alcohol, I guess she shouldn't have asked the agent. 

In the Massive suite, i dont think an agent would DARE say no to taking a bottle off the ship at the end of the voyage lol, I will try in 2025 and report back lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The bridge tour and ship tour are two different things.  Megas get a bridge tour at no charge.   Ship tour fills up very fast, but agent can arrange it for Megas if they ask on first day--and yes, they pay for that.  And you CAN take a bottle at the end of the cruise.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1

Is it possible that the rules regarding taking home the alcohol from your Rockstar/Mega Rockstar cabins are different when sailing out of San Juan vs. Miami?  Don't know if this is the case, but that is the only difference I can see.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rebeccac said:

Is it possible that the rules regarding taking home the alcohol from your Rockstar/Mega Rockstar cabins are different when sailing out of San Juan vs. Miami?  Don't know if this is the case, but that is the only difference I can see.  

Anything is possible.  Maybe, given the number of shorter, cheaper Caribbean cruises, the profit margin on allowing someone to walk off with what's left on the bar is tighter so they don't allow it on cruises in that general area?

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 9:58 AM, trippingpara said:

Thank you.  I was afraid you were going to say that.  That's pretty steep.  I took my daughter on one of these years ago on Carnival and it was the same places on the ship.  Neat to see but not sure it's $200 worth of neatness!

I found it to be absolutely worth it. 😉

• Like 1