Passport Renewal took only 3 weeks - not expedited!

We mailed ours on Feb.28Th. I got mine back on March 23. My husband received a letter stating he forgot to sign his check. His is going to take a little longer than expected. From now on i better he double checks his signature before mailing out a check.😀

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2024 at 5:31 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Happy to hear of the re-newal speed.     We need to renew ours when we get back from our next trip in Early May.    I hope the processing time continues to be short.    We don't expire until 2025 but only 2 pages left which will probably be used up after the trip.   They no longer add pages.

Jim - Be sure to look for the "large book" option at the top of the passport renewal application.  You will get the most pages possible.  Same fee.  

Just sent our in for renewal.  

On 3/22/2024 at 4:28 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I've never required an interview for renewal.    I think we have renewed twice and both time in came back within a week.    I'm wondering if some have to show up for another interview?

About 5 years ago when we first renewed Global Entry we had been to Cuba.  Both DW and I were called in and interviewed again (separately) and all they wanted to know about was "what were you doing in Cuba".

We fortunately had been on a US government approved trip and had all the needed paperwork so it was no problem.

Have to renew again this year....hoping for an easier go-round.

Pelican, DHS did that as normal travel is not allowed into Cuba with some exceptions- yours being one of them. They wanted to know why you were there. Once you explained, it was ok. 

12 hours ago, PelicanLvr said:

Jim - Be sure to look for the "large book" option at the top of the passport renewal application.  You will get the most pages possible.  Same fee.  

Just sent our in for renewal.  

I already did.   Of course as soon as I do most countries will shift to electronic passport scanning without a stamp....

12 hours ago, PelicanLvr said:

About 5 years ago when we first renewed Global Entry we had been to Cuba.  Both DW and I were called in and interviewed again (separately) and all they wanted to know about was "what were you doing in Cuba".

We fortunately had been on a US government approved trip and had all the needed paperwork so it was no problem.

Have to renew again this year....hoping for an easier go-round.

Helps to understand that travel to some destinations could trigger increased scrutiny. 

On Thursday, I was heading out of town for the long weekend and just threw my mail on the floor. As I was zipping up my luggage I noticed a USPS priority mail envelope peeking out of the pile. To my surprise, my passport was delivered! So sent February 26, got it back March 27 exactly 31days!! Not expedited. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As a result of all the comments previously read about how long it was taking for renewal, I sent mine expedited on March 13 for a June sailing. New passport arrived 16 days later on the 29th!!  

Edited by Loracpin2
  • Like 1