EZ Air - Multiple Errors

steve1970

Hello All, I have researched my query, but I still have a question. 

First booking with EZ Air (Big mistake) flying SFO International after Auckland to San Francisco cruise. We are on a foreign passport.

Flights booked and paid for on the day of booking with Princess agent directly - 3.5 weeks from cruise departure. 

Booked, gave names, spelt names and got agent to read back my name.

4 days later checked booking

Firstmiddl Surname called & emailed Princess. They said they would get back to me.

They called next day and said 'name changed, $170 USD please' I said no, I'm not paying. Play the tape. You entered my name incorrectly (I'm not a brain surgeon, but I can spell my own name) They tried to put me through to an agent. After 20 minutes, they said they would get back to me the following day. So far, nothing.

I checked my flight booking.

Firstmiddl Middle Surname

It's now worse.

With $170 USD on my account, saying payment not complete. 

So far, incompetence in the agents part. 

Any advice please. 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, steve1970 said:

Firstmiddl Surname called & emailed Princess.

6 minutes ago, steve1970 said:

I checked my flight booking.

Firstmiddl Middle Surname

It's now worse.

Not quite sure if you mean that your middle name was misspelled, as you've spelled middle without the e in both instances, or if you mean that your first and middle name are mushed together.

If it's the latter, you should have stopped while you were ahead.  It's completely normal for first and middle names to be mushed together when booking through EZAir.  First and middle are separate in the Princess booking and when booking  EZAir (warning appears asking you to check a box that confirms that names are correct and spelled correctly), but for whatever reason, 9 times out of 10, first and middle are mushed together once received by the airline.  Airlines will still accept you for travel, even though it looks incorrect.

Sorry, no advice on how to get the change fee removed or how to remove the extra middle name.

Posted (edited)

Thank you, I should have quit whilst ahead.

Example 

Passport: Robert Edward Smith

EZ Air: Robertedwar Smith

Now

Passport  Robert Edward Smith 

EZ Air: Robertedwar Edward Smith

This is the first time I've used an agent in 20+ years. The princess agent booked this for me. I only used the app to book the cruise. Added flights at payment time.

I suppose I've made it worse. 

I could throw another $170 for the right to 'correct' their initial mistake.

Edited by steve1970
Spelling

We've used EZ Air successfully many times over the years. I book myself on the website. We've always had our middle names combined with our first names on the tickets and have never had a problem boarding. I think you made a problem where there wasn't one.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, SCX22 said:

If it's the latter, you should have stopped while you were ahead.  It's completely normal for first and middle names to be mushed together when booking through EZAir. 

This is extremely common on tickets booked with all kinds of third-party travel agents, not just EZAir, i.e. boaading pass reads LAST, FIRSTMIDDLE instead of LAST, FIRST MIDDLE.  Even happens when booking directly with the airlines sometimes.

OP would have been fine leaving the issued as issued. EZAir should have told that to OP rather than changing the name (whether with or without fee).

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Even happens when booking directly with the airlines sometimes.

I’ve also had that experience but having not used EZair since 2017 I don’t recall if it was jumbled or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your comments.

I emailed Princess, they 'corrected' my mistake (its always my mistake) and now I have the name changed back to the original name.

I coughed up the $170 USD for the change.

Lets see if I manage to get onto the international flight. Feedback from here usually isn't wrong.

Thank you all.

• Like 1

I had a nightmare because my husband has a "II" suffix on the end of his name.  It is fine on Princess cruise lines website but for some reason their computer does not translate to EZ Air.  Thus I was not able to book our 3 tickets together.  They tried to "assure" me the II was on the end of his name, but when I insisted on talking to EZ Air, they told me it was not on the tickets. They had to manually cancel and rebook his one ticket.  It only changed about $5, but there was no way to make it match our price and I did not care about $5.  But then a couple of weeks later when the price went down and I wanted to rebook with flights at a better time, I did not want to go through another 90 minutes of dealing with it. So I cancelled EZ Air and booked directly through American. I also did not like the fact that they do not issue/fully assign your seats  until final payment and sometimes even then. I wanted to be guaranteed that we had the seats that I chose.  I know that "almost always" it works out, but do not want any surprises after waiting for 8 months!

• Like 1