Dining pkg and reservations

Cdude

Hi! It’s been a long time since I have sailed on Celebrity but have been recently on RCL and Princess. I just booked the Apex for a sailing the last week of this year.

I see drink packages being offered in the planner, but I have that already. There are no dining packages which is what I am interested in. Also, looking to make SDR reservations early before they fill up. I thought I read you could make reservations before final payment. Anyone knowledgeable about the Celebrity system have insight for me?

TIA

13 minutes ago, snohorules said:

The Apex is an Edge-class ship so the MDR reservations are meaningless. It's anytime dining, any reservation you make in the app beforehand doesn't actually do anything.

Yes, I get that. I am asking about dining packages and specialty dining reservations (SD).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cdude said:

Hi! It’s been a long time since I have sailed on Celebrity but have been recently on RCL and Princess. I just booked the Apex for a sailing the last week of this year.

I see drink packages being offered in the planner, but I have that already. There are no dining packages which is what I am interested in. Also, looking to make SDR reservations early before they fill up. I thought I read you could make reservations before final payment. Anyone knowledgeable about the Celebrity system have insight for me?

TIA

Welcome back to Celebrity. 

Yes, you will be able to make reservations at any one of the specialty dining restaurants on Apex before final payment.

If the sailing is too far in advance, your online Cruise Planner will not show anything yet. For holiday sailings, it can take up to 90 days in advance of the cruise before specialty dining reservations are available (often at an elevated price compared to non holiday sailings). I may be wrong about there 90 days, but it’s somewhere in that vicinity. 

Also Celebrity has limited the types of multiple night specialty dining packages available for sale. For our 14 and 17 night upcoming cruises, there are only 3 night and unlimited (every night) packages available. Celebrity used to offer 4 night, 5 night, etc packages, but they stopped doing that. I believe this is true for all sailings. 

Edited by mahdnc

If you get a dining package you can’t make reservations till you board.  By then some restaurants have nothing available and some only 5:00 available.   I don’t know why they do this but they do.  I told them to cancel my 5 night package on a 9 night Beyond and then they called my room and they had miraculously found availability.  

1 hour ago, Cdude said:

Yes, I get that. I am asking about dining packages and specialty dining reservations (SD).

This is what I get for reading cruise critic before having my morning coffee 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Also Celebrity has limited the types of multiple night specialty dining packages available for sale. For our 14 and 17 night upcoming cruises, there are only 3 night and unlimited (every night) packages available. Celebrity used to offer 4 night, 5 night, etc packages, but they stopped doing that. I believe this is true for all sailings. 

5-night packages are available to buy on my 2 cruises this year (Apex - Scandinavia and Millennium- Japan). Both 12 night sailings. 
IMG_5249.thumb.png.7107eee126a531b1e5a57d86b9062245.png

14 minutes ago, StopTheWorld said:

5-night packages are available to buy on my 2 cruises this year (Apex - Scandinavia and Millennium- Japan). Both 12 night sailings. 
IMG_5249.thumb.png.7107eee126a531b1e5a57d86b9062245.png

I see!  Is it fair to say that Celebrity has stopped offering dining packages for every possible length (2, 3, 4, 5, 6 nights, etc)?

7 hours ago, Cdude said:

TIA

If you book individual night specialty reservations by phone without having package, you get charged whatever the current offer is, or full price if no offer. But doing it this way allows you to book time, and restaurant choice, right then.  If you have purchased a package of any type, you must wait to book when you get on the ship. Go directly to one of the specialty rests once onboard, and they will help you. They save some dates, times, and rest choices, for those who have the packages...Otherwise, Snooze you lose....good luck

48 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I see!  Is it fair to say that Celebrity has stopped offering dining packages for every possible length (2, 3, 4, 5, 6 nights, etc)?

Possibly? 3,5 and unlimited available for my cruises. 

On my 6 night West Coast cruise they only offer 3 Nights or Unlimited Nights Packages. On my 12 night transatlantic they only offer 5 nights or Unlimited nights Packages.  You can also book Specialty Dining reservation one at a time.