Cunard special services gifts

Janay11

Posted (edited)

Canard sent me an email showing from special services. I got a comp for pre-paid Gratz for non-grill plus a PR special buffet, dining two visits.      
I’ve been trying to find out if that means princess grill has a Buffet? . I can’t find it anywhere anybody know?

Edited by Janay11

Posted (edited)

Hi Dan

this came 2 months after booking and this will be my first voyage in the qm2 so forgive me I don’t know the terminology. 
what are pop ups?

Edited by Janay11

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Janay11 said:

Hi Dan

this came 2 months after booking and this will be my first voyage in the qm2 so forgive me I don’t know the terminology. 
what are pop ups?

We haven't tried them but they have a section of Kings Court or Lido buffets where they set up speciality restaurants. I think Italian and Indian themes amongst others where you are served at the table and there is a cover charge.

Edited by D&N
  • Like 1

Oh that will be nice. 
I will be on for 3 weeks  I am planning to book some specialty dining 

I may wait until I get onboard now 

thank you for putting my mind at ease. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Janay11, based on the clues you've provided, I'm guessing you booked Cunard's "Explore with More" promotion that was going on in the US into early January. One of the perks of that promotion is the following (emphasis mine for the part specific to your QM2 voyage).

"Alternative Dining Offer – Guests sailing on voyages up to 20 nights in length will receive one dinner at the Lido Restaurant (available on Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth), Kings Court (available on Queen Mary 2), or another select alternative dining venue aboard Queen Anne. Guests sailing on voyages between 21 and 83 nights in length will receive two dinners at the Lido Restaurant, Kings Court, or another select alternative dining venue aboard Queen Anne. Guests sailing on voyages 84 nights or longer in length will receive three dinners at the Lido Restaurant, Kings Court, or another select alternative dining venue aboard Queen Anne."

So yes, that second "Special Services Gift" is most likely two free dinners at QM2's Kings Court Alternative Dining venue. As @D&N has mentioned that's sometimes referred to as the pop-up venue since a portion of the King's Court buffet is turned into a themed restaurant with table service during the evening. The three standard themes offered at various times during most QM2 voyages are Bamboo (Asian), Coriander (Indian) and La Piazza (Italian). They may offer a theme called Nordlys on cruises to Norway and a theme called Riviera on Mediterranean cruises.

Enjoy!

Edit to add: That "Explore with More" promotion came with this perk as well.

"Hotel and Dining Service Charge Offer – Offer based on pre-payment by Cunard of the suggested Hotel and Dining Service Charge in the amount of $16.50 per person per day for Grill Suites and $14.50 per person per day for all other staterooms."

That would explain that first "Special Services Gift".

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 4

Our upcoming sailing was booked with a similar offer - but our receipt from the $UNNAMED_TRAVEL_AGENT did not include the comped gratuities or mention of KC / Veranda dining. I'm bringing a printout of the offer's terms in case there is a need for onboard discussions.

The sailing was also bumped from 19 to 21 nights with the rescheduling in Brooklyn - that might result in an additional comped dinner.

• Like 1

Hopefully, like me the comps will show up in your inbox. I really am not worried about it, just curious since there wasn’t any note with the email. 
sounds like you guys may be going at the same time as I am July 24 Brooklyn-Brooklyn oh the Fjords are so beautiful in pictures. 
im curious about what you said about bumping from 19 to 21 days. Was that on your end?

Some 2024 Brooklyn sailing dates were moved to accommodate MSC sailing from Brooklyn.  For example M432B sails two days earlier that originally scheduled, with port calls at Newport and Boston added - with the eastbound crossing sailing from Boston. The preceding Quebec to Brooklyn sailing was shortened by these port visit days.

• Like 1