The Pre-voyage Documentation in the UK … is Back!

Vallesan

Today we received the documentation from Oceania for our upcoming Marina cruise in May! Lovely to have that little ‘thrill’ when the envelope arrives!

Funky luggage labels and whilst the brochure is not quite as ‘personal’ as it was before it’s one huge improvement on online documents.

Thank you for listening Oceania! 

• Like 7

Same for us in Australia.  The package has been mia for several years.  We were surprised and delighted to receive that special blue  pouch with its luggage tags and well-presented (but yes, generic) booklet last Friday.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We just received ours today in France for our cruise next month! What a lovely surprise! The document holder is much better than the old paper version, and the luggage tags are a nice touch.

Have to say, I didnt really miss it for the cruise we've just finished. As I recall, there's nothing particularly useful that isnt on the emailed version. 

Now, if they want to save money, stop sending me almost weekly sales booklets. 

1 hour ago, Harters said:

Have to say, I didnt really miss it for the cruise we've just finished. As I recall, there's nothing particularly useful that isnt on the emailed version. 

Now, if they want to save money, stop sending me almost weekly sales booklets. 

I did miss the pre-cruise documentation and whilst the new version is more generic the luggage labels are nice. It just put a smile on my face when it arrived in the post.

However, I do agree about the constant barrage of brochures and sales booklets.

Although they are good to receive, I would have been happy with the luggage tags alone  and no plastic envelope, even when it is a promoted recycled one, still plastic, a firm cardboard envelope would have been just as effective and more environmentally friendly, same goes for the luggage tags, possibly with a string to attach, sends the right message.

18 hours ago, tine-tine said:

Although they are good to receive, I would have been happy with the luggage tags alone  and no plastic envelope, even when it is a promoted recycled one, still plastic, a firm cardboard envelope would have been just as effective and more environmentally friendly, same goes for the luggage tags, possibly with a string to attach, sends the right message.

I understand where you're coming from but, vis-à-vis the envelope, sometimes presentation is important, too.  It's a business and they want their clients/guests to feel special and valued.  Hence, a little excess.  We can balance it out by replacing the plastic luggage-tag loops with used dental floss!

• Haha 1