Ordering alcohol for room

We have not cruised in many years but will be sailing on the Voyager of the Seas out of Athens in May. It seems like the last time we cruised, we were able to pre-purchase a bottle of rum through RC and have it delivered to our stateroom. I have searched the Royal app and don't see that available anywhere. Is that still an option? 

So instead of on the app, you go to the website and log in from there. Once you go to your countdown page, click on plan your cruise. Once it pulls up all the stuff to plan your cruise in the right hand corner where your initials are, click on that and then click Royal gifts and that's where it'll be! 

9 hours ago, SRF said:

Be advised, the bottle is only 375 ml, so 1/2 a normal bottle.

Add on: The standard US "shot" is 1.5 ounces of 40% spirits in general mixed with approximately 6 ounces of soda if it is say, a rum and coke.

The 375 ml will roughly translate to 12 ounces (13.2 ounces if you want to get picky) which gives you 8 US standard shots.

The package includes 4 X 12 ounce sodas which happens to be 8 x 6 ounce servings of soda to go with the 8 US standard shots.

At $45.99 for the Rum and Coke package, it comes out to 8 drinks for $5.75 per drink.

Not bad if you did not want a drink package or wanted something for your balcony since they do not deliver drinks to cabins.

There is a caveat that it should be consumed in the privacy of your cabin but I do not think anyone cares if you take the glass or cup out of the cabin. They just do not want to see you pouring the alcohol from the bottle in public spaces. I.E. Going to the Schooner Bar area at a table with the bottle, the pool deck, dining areas (you get the picture).

This is a nice add-on for Crown & Anchor members who might like a bit more alcohol than their voucher minimum and it can be consumed over multiple days of your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Not bad if you did not want a drink package or wanted something for your balcony since they do not deliver drinks to cabins.

Yes they do.  You can have room service deliver drinks to your cabin.  Not ideal, but they will do it.

Just now, Engineroom Snipe said:

@time4u2go

Good to know. I never tried. Do they add a room service charge for the drink?

I haven't done it in a very long time, so I'm not sure what the rules are now.  At the time, I think it was just the 18% gratuity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

@time4u2go

Good to know. I never tried. Do they add a room service charge for the drink?

Bloody Mary and Mimosa are on the room service menu for breakfast. 
DW and I order a couple Bloody Marys each morning with breakfast; we have never been charged more than we would have been charged @ a bar. 

• Like 1