Viva Enhancements on the Brand New Ship

Posted (edited)

Delivered today for our 4/7/24 sail:

“Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,
As part of our commitment to continuously offer extraordinary vacation experiences for our guests around the world, and to uphold a consistent world-class product across our fleet, Norwegian Viva will be undergoing some enhancements during your cruise. The Speedway Bar will be converted into an all-new Entourage, offering teenagers aged 13 to 17 a dedicated area for them to meet and engage with others their age. Additionally, we will be making some upgrades to the Galaxy Pavilion, the virtual reality complex. 
To complete these enhancements, The Bull's Eye, Tee Time (mini-golf), The Stadium, The Wave and a section of the Galaxy Pavilion will be closed during your voyage. However, if we are able to reopen these venues during this voyage, we will communicate accordingly. Rest assured, there will still be plenty of activities available to entertain you during your days at sea, including the Speedway, The Drop, The Rush, the Aqua Park and so much more!"

Those of us who have paid for Vibe get $100 per stateroom for potential noise. 

Edited by kalypso333
  • Like 1

Interesting.  I applaud NCL for being brave and seeing what is not working or popular on a brand new ship.  No one should be drinking and then racing go karts so a Speedway Bar never made sense to me.

• Like 1

Yeah, they never put a Entourage on the Prima and Viva.... then ended up using part of the Splash Academy space for teens, cutting down the space for the little ones. Bad design decision from the start. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Interesting.  I applaud NCL for being brave and seeing what is not working or popular on a brand new ship.  No one should be drinking and then racing go karts so a Speedway Bar never made sense to me.

Agreed. Odd from start. And near all the youngers. I noticed the Speedway bar overlooked the Vibe and was pleased they recognized the disturbance. 

This is a 19 day transatlantic during school time so the passengers should tilt older. 

Glad they're looking how they can further improve the Prima-class. It was such a huge mistake making these ships so kid unfriendly. (I always wondered why they didn't turn Prima and Viva to adult-only ships and take on Virgin Voyages). 

I'm surprised they went with the Speedway Bar instead of the almost unused observation deck of the raceway. 

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

No one should be drinking and then racing go karts

I think you made a mistake. It should read, "No one should be racing go karts before drinking".

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kalypso333 said:

To complete these enhancements, The Bull's Eye, Tee Time (mini-golf), The Stadium, The Wave and a section of the Galaxy Pavilion will be closed during your voyage. However, if we are able to reopen these venues during this voyage, we will communicate accordingly. Rest assured, there will still be plenty of activities available to entertain you during your days at sea, including the Speedway, The Drop, The Rush, the Aqua Park and so much more!"

Tee Time, The Stadium, and Galaxy Pavilion were the only amenities we used when we cruised Pr1ma on a Transatlantic. Guests are going to miss out, with (apparently) no compensation from NCL. What a great guest-oriented company they are!