Enchanted Princess - 2023-24 Western Caribbean summer Ship Time vs Port Times

janiebee

Greetings!  Has anyone been on Enchanted on the Western Caribbean route this year (or last year, because it's probably handled the same way).  I'll be on Enchanted in July and have been researching shore excursions from local providers.  Some may not be do-able if the ship does not "fall back" to the local time before we get there.  

Ft. Lauderdale time is now (and will be in July) UTC -4.  We'll be calling at Cozumel, Roatan, Belize City & Majahual.  The internet says that Cozumel time (UTC -5) is/will be one hour behind Ft. Lauderdale time, and the other three ports are/will be two hours behind (UTC -6).  

Has anyone had any experience with how Enchanted Princess has handled the time differences at these ports?  I've tried to research it but can't seem to land on any current information about it.  Does the ship stay on Ft. Lauderdale time?  And if it falls back, does it just fall back an hour starting in Cozumel, or does it then fall all the way back to UTC -6 before going on to the next 3 ports? 

Thanks! 

Posted (edited)

On every Princess cruise I have been on, almost 50, Princess adjusts their clocks to port time. You will have multiple time changes during your cruise.

After leaving FL on boarding day or the next evening you will move your clocks back one hour to match Cozumel, EST.

Overnight between Cozumel and Belize you will move your clocks back another hour to match the time in Belize and Roatan, CST.

After leaving Roatan overnight you will move your clocks forward 1 hour to match the time in Costa Maya, EST.

Overnight after leaving Costa Maya you will move your clocks forward to match F.L. time, EDT.

If you use a phone for the time remember to set it on manual as you may not be getting the correct time otherwise. I use a wrist watch.

Regarding private shore excursions the providers know when the ship arrives and you should plan by port time. 

Edited by skynight
  • Thanks 1

That is great news, thank you all so much. And I super appreciate the very specific info and any future confirmation as well.

These boards are such an amazing source of information (and varied opinions!). There’s so much to dislike about the internet, but for this kind of information sharing, what did people do before??  Calling the cruise line, probably getting inaccurate answers. And then a lot of wheel-reinvention and learning through disappointment, I guess.

So I’ve been very grateful for these CC boards, where 98% of the time I can find the answers I want in existing posts. As a newbie cruiser but also dedicated travel advance-planner (and gamer-out of possible outcomes), it’s been sooo helpful. 
       Thank you all! 

• Like 2