Harmony Central Park double balcony or ocean balcony???

We have 12629 booked for a July cruise on Harmony. It’s one with a double balcony and it’s next to an inside room, so it’s not next to the noisy ice room/staff room like on some floors. After watching a video of the room many times, I’m starting to worry about my choice. We’ve never stayed in a CP room. The video I saw said that the balcony was too hot to use. Considering we will be sailing in July, I’m starting to think I should switch to an ocean view balcony. Thoughts from those who have sailed in a CP balcony?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

We have 12629 booked for a July cruise on Harmony. It’s one with a double balcony and it’s next to an inside room, so it’s not next to the noisy ice room/staff room like on some floors. After watching a video of the room many times, I’m starting to worry about my choice. We’ve never stayed in a CP room. The video I saw said that the balcony was too hot to use. Considering we will be sailing in July, I’m starting to think I should switch to an ocean view balcony. Thoughts from those who have sailed in a CP balcony?

How is a ocean view going to be cooler? I have sailed in both and admit I dont sit out when the balcony is in the sun, no matter if its ocean view or central park. I've had a skin cancer issue so i cant sit in the sun.

If the sun is shinijg and your balcony is where the sun hits, it's going to be hot..I dont understand how one will be hotter than the other if the sun is shining on it.

I did a ov facing balcony on oasis and never used it during the day. Too hot all week. Why spend extra if you want to avoid a hot balcony? 

Edited by firefly333

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

How is a clean view going to be cooler? I have sailed in both and admit I dont without when the balcony is in the sun, no matter if its ocean view or central park. I've had a skin cancer issue so i cant sit in the sun.

If the sun is shinijg and your balcony is where the sun hits, it's going to be hot..I dont u understand how one will be hotter than the other if the sun is shining on it.

I did a ov facing balcony on oasis and never used it during the day. Too hot all week. Why spend extra if you want to avoid a hot balcony? 

The video I watched said it was too hot even when the sun went down. I was surprised by that, and it’s making me have second thoughts. I was hoping to hear from others who have been in CP balconies as to whether or not they had a different experience. 

57 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

The video I watched said it was too hot even when the sun went down. I was surprised by that, and it’s making me have second thoughts. I was hoping to hear from others who have been in CP balconies as to whether or not they had a different experience. 

Ok I'm sure I've had more than 6 central park balconys and I do sit out if the sun is hitting the balconies on the opposite side. I've had deck 10 and 12 for sure. My biggest complaint was I was below the round pool on harmony deck 12 and the kids screeching all day long got on my nerves a bit. I would try next time not to be below kids pools. They screech all day, cant swim without screeching. That was on harmony. Oasis kids yelling at the pools also got annoying. 

I would choose a lower deck if open. That deck 12 double wide was all that was left b2b last time if I wanted the double long balcony. I also was next to the extra small inside next door last time. I've also been next to the stewards cabin and preferred that lower deck. 

Nothing huge but be aware the kids are swimming right above you. I've done that cabin more than once on 3 oasis class ships. Look at the deck plans and you will see which side of the ship that round wave pool is. 

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok I'm sure I've had more than 6 central park balconys and I do sit out if the sun is hitting the balconies on the opposite side. I've had deck 10 and 12 for sure. My biggest complaint was I was below the round pool on harmony deck 12 and the kids screeching all day long got on my nerves a bit. I would try next time not to be below kids pools. They screech all day, cant swim without screeching. That was on harmony. Oasis kids yelling at the pools also got annoying. 

I would choose a lower deck if open. That deck 12 double wide was all that was left b2b last time if I wanted the double long balcony. I also was next to the extra small inside next door last time. I've also been next to the stewards cabin and preferred that lower deck. 

Nothing huge but be aware the kids are swimming right above you. I've done that cabin more than once on 3 oasis class ships. Look at the deck plans and you will see which side of the ship that round wave pool is. 

Thanks for the great information! Looks like we would be right below the kids pool area… might send me looking for an ocean view room!

Not a fan of the Central Park balcony. Too noisy as others have said...also don't like the fact that people across courtyard look right into your room/balcony. I like ocean view since I like to sit on balcony with morning coffee in my pj's.

Ocean view balcony so much more relaxed  quiet and private.

• Thanks 1

In my opinion there is no comparison between a CP balcony and OV balcony. OV balconies are cooler, when the ship is moving, since there is a breeze that you don’t get in a CP balcony. You also don’t have to worry about people looking into your cabin in an OV balcony. Plus there is nothing like looking at the water from your balcony when cruising. Having said this, I still believe any cabin on a ship is a good cabin. I stayed in a CP balcony on Icon and Symphony in the last two months and enjoyed both cruises. 

• Thanks 1