Flexible on timing: any specific timing to book for cheaper?

3ric

Hi all,

looking to take my second cruise (1st was with ponant) with pg. in 2025 ideally but does not have to be. I am wondering if there is a best time to book to get better pricing? or any specialized agent that gets extra incentives? I usually work with an agent that is part of virtuoso, but I dont think they specialize in cruises. Currently looking at thanksgiving 2025 as our preferred date, from what I can tell it is not released yet. 
Also wondering if the ponant promos apply to PG cruises (referral discount, and anniversary discount).

If you know about the same for windstar I am also interested, as I am still hesitating.

Ponant posts new cruises with a large discount (I think it's 30%), which goes down as cabins sell and the cruise gets closer.  So IME it is always better to book Ponant as soon as possible.

I don't know about Paul Gauguin.

I booked my June 2025 PG cruise in October 2023 and I haven’t seen a better price for that cruise and I look occasionally. So I would agree, the earlier the better.

Use an agent that is Tahiti certified. We are not allowed to give individual agent recommendations. Agents are allowed to give OBC but not kickbacks. I know ... some will say their agent gives money back but it isn't officially allowed.

Ponant use a type of dynamic pricing which typically means the sooner you book the prices are best. As the ship fills to price typically goes up. 

A few times a year Ponant does a few promos ... usually on cruises that need a little help to fill.

Typically best pricing can be found on cruises between the Middle of November through the end of March. This is known as the more humid/rainy season.