Cabins with issues?

Pigin

We just realized after we booked cabin 5031 that is not a slider. Hopefully we can change. We have had a PV before with the door and the curtain kept getting caught in it plus the view is not as good with the split windows.

2 hours ago, Insanityx4 said:

We just realized after we booked cabin 5031 that is not a slider. Hopefully we can change. We have had a PV before with the door and the curtain kept getting caught in it plus the view is not as good with the split windows.

Hi -

I would ask your Travel Agent or Viking if no TA, immediately, to see if it is possible to change to a slider room.  Don't wait at all!!

Viking Ocean - PV Rooms with Sliders.pdf

They are already all booked on the Starboard side which is recommended for our trip. As we get closer to the cruise hopefully something will open up.

It's not a big deal but we would prefer the slider.

14 minutes ago, Insanityx4 said:

They are already all booked on the Starboard side which is recommended for our trip. As we get closer to the cruise hopefully something will open up.

It's not a big deal but we would prefer the slider.

Good luck.  I don't know which itinerary you have, but for all the ones we've had, it didn't make any difference starboard or port.   The ships are far from land in nearly all itineraries between ports.  If/when they are closer, we find it more fun to be above deck where you can go from one side to the other easily, or be in Explorer's Lounge and see it all (such as South America or Norway Fjords).

We prefer sliders over doors and have made that exact decision - choosing a slider over the "supposed" preferred starboard or port side.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Good luck.  I don't know which itinerary you have, but for all the ones we've had, it didn't make any difference starboard or port.   The ships are far from land in nearly all itineraries between ports.  If/when they are closer, we find it more fun to be above deck where you can go from one side to the other easily, or be in Explorer's Lounge and see it all (such as South America or Norway Fjords).

We prefer sliders over doors and have made that exact decision - choosing a slider over the "supposed" preferred starboard or port side.  

Posted (edited)

We almost always choose the port side but this trip is Canada and New England Scenic Shores and it's recommended to be on the starboard side as we go down the New England coast and through Nova Scotia. We changed from 5030 to 5031 but might change back since it's still open.

Apparently they hug the Nova Scotia coastline and Prince Edward Islands but we do spend most of the time during the day in the Explorers Lounge or up on deck so probably doesn't make a difference.

Just checked and 5030 also has a door!

Edited by Insanityx4

21 minutes ago, Insanityx4 said:

We almost always choose the port side but this trip is Canada and New England Scenic Shores and it's recommended to be on the starboard side as we go down the New England coast and through Nova Scotia. We changed from 5030 to 5031 but might change back since it's still open.

Apparently they hug the Nova Scotia coastline and Prince Edward Islands but we do spend most of the time during the day in the Explorers Lounge or up on deck so probably doesn't make a difference.

Just checked and 5030 also has a door!

Hi - we did this exact cruise from Montreal to FLL last Sept/Oct on the Mars.

I hate to tell you this, but we did NOT hug the Nova Scotia coastline (we were out aways).  Coming into PEI, the view was on the port side, albeit brief.  I don't recall having much of any view however, of much coastline while sailing, as it is often dark while sailing.  And if the was coastline in was in the distance or obscured by weather.

I think you'll be fine - but only you know how much a slider will mean.

I called Viking and they said the list is wrong so reaching out to my TA to be sure. Could be things have changed on the newer ships.Thanks for the info on the trip.

48 minutes ago, Insanityx4 said:

I called Viking and they said the list is wrong so reaching out to my TA to be sure. Could be things have changed on the newer ships.Thanks for the info on the trip.

Very sorry but the list is correct.  I personally verified and checked nearly every room.  This is the Viking Star Class (Star, Sea, Sky, Orion, Jupiter, Venus, Mars, Neptune, Saturn).   The rooms are the same for all these ships.  Personally I wouldn't trust anything a rep at Viking tells me - as they've been wrong so many times on information I know to be correct.

Best of luck!

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Very sorry but the list is correct.  I personally verified and checked nearly every room.  This is the Viking Star Class (Star, Sea, Sky, Orion, Jupiter, Venus, Mars, Neptune, Saturn).   The rooms are the same for all these ships.  Personally I wouldn't trust anything a rep at Viking tells me - as they've been wrong so many times on information I know to be correct.

Best of luck!

Totally agree about the Viking reps!