Current a la carte prices on 5 night Independent Of The Seas specialty dining?

Hi guys & gals...I will be cruising on the Independence Of The Seas, a 5 night Western Caribb cruise next Feb '25..RCI just posted recently that all they offer on a 5 night cruise for specialty dining is "All inclusive dining" package for $289 PP...I spoke with an RCI rep & she confirmed that was correct- SO, has anybody booked a specialty dining venue on the IOS, what venue and how much was it pp? I am considering Chops Grille, Izumi's & maybe Giovanni's..my memory is that it's somewhere around $49 for Chops, don't know the other 2...thanks!

Big Al

8 minutes ago, big al said:

Hi guys & gals...I will be cruising on the Independence Of The Seas, a 5 night Western Caribb cruise next Feb '25..RCI just posted recently that all they offer on a 5 night cruise for specialty dining is "All inclusive dining" package for $289 PP...I spoke with an RCI rep & she confirmed that was correct- SO, has anybody booked a specialty dining venue on the IOS, what venue and how much was it pp? I am considering Chops Grille, Izumi's & maybe Giovanni's..my memory is that it's somewhere around $49 for Chops, don't know the other 2...thanks!

Big Al

That $58 pp, does not seem like a deal at all. I remember last cruise onboard prices were in the mid $50 + the 18% range.  Things are changing, and not for the better. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, big al said:

Big Al

I would keep checking. For instance for wonder feb 2025 some purchased 3 night pkg but I dont see the 3  night pkg at all. Maybe check both the app and the online site.

The what are you doing thread is currently discussing this. ... just because it's not there right now doesnt mean it wouldnt be there next week. 

I personally am waiting for lunches which are about half the price but also not showing for me to purchase for feb 2025. 

Just as a for instance I got lunches at Giovanni for 14.99 and 12.99 plus 18% for this oct and dec. .. under $20 pp. 

Edited by firefly333

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I would keep checking. For instance for wonder feb 2025 some purchased 3 night pkg but I dont see the 3  night pkg at all. Maybe check both the app and the online site.

The what are you doing thread is currently discussing this. ... just because it's not there right now doesnt mean it wouldnt be there next week. 

I personally am waiting for lunches which are about half the price but also not showing for me to purchase for feb 2025. 

Just as a for instance I got lunches at Giovanni for 14.99 and 12.99 plus 18% for this oct and dec. .. under $20 pp. 

But the Wonder does 7 nights..IOS is doing only 5 and the rep said "no 2-3 night dining packages on 5 night cruises..only 6 or more nights"...I still will keep checking to see if anything comes up like a special...

I'm on a 5 night sailing on Indy at the end of this month.  Here's the current sale/onboard prices for my sailing.  Currently the Unlimited Dining is on sale for $233 before the 18%.  The lunches at Chops and Giovanni's have been $18-$22 depending on the sale.  Hibachi lunch is on sale for $35 right now.  

image.thumb.png.af4462858fea20978b8ccd77fe0b7afd.png

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I'm on a 5 night sailing on Indy at the end of this month.  Here's the current sale/onboard prices for my sailing.  Currently the Unlimited Dining is on sale for $233 before the 18%.  The lunches at Chops and Giovanni's have been $18-$22 depending on the sale.  Hibachi lunch is on sale for $35 right now.  

image.thumb.png.af4462858fea20978b8ccd77fe0b7afd.png

Thanks! My unlimited dining, as I quoted, is $289.00..if I took all 3 you post here, it would be about $153.00, which is not too bad..did you end up booking this? Let us know how it goes if you can,  & enjoy the Indy!

Big Al

Edited by big al

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Thanks! My unlimited dining, as I quoted, is $289.00..if I took all 3 you post here, it would be about $153.00, which is not too bad..did you end up booking this? Let us know how it goes if you can,  & enjoy the Indy!

Big Al

I only booked 2 lunches--one at Chops and one at Giovanni's.  I'm sailing solo on this one AND I'm on Anthem the week before and have the 3 night package on that one, so I'll suck it up and eat at the MDR, the Jammer--or pay for some of the 'snacks' at Playmakers on Indy.  Those snacks are so good (and bad, lol)  

26 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I only booked 2 lunches--one at Chops and one at Giovanni's.  I'm sailing solo on this one AND I'm on Anthem the week before and have the 3 night package on that one, so I'll suck it up and eat at the MDR, the Jammer--or pay for some of the 'snacks' at Playmakers on Indy.  Those snacks are so good (and bad, lol)  

Can't blame you, though not a big fan of the MDR..LOVE Playmakers...great wings, chicken tenders platter w/ fries are super, onion rings & that killer dessert, the Campfire Cookie is awesome...sometimes I have medics waiting 🤣 😂..I'm pretty good at home, but on a cruise, it's beer, goodies & anything goes, lol...then, back to common sense after the cruise...again, have a blast!

• Haha 1