Voyager Club Points

mcoler181

Wife and I are in the same situation. I’ve been getting the bulk of the points for pre purchase and on board spending. I’ve been diamond while she’s still 1800 points away.

with us it wasn't that she got the points, she got points she shouldn't. It was onboard spending, for the points she got she would have had to have spent about $20,000, which she defiantly didn't 😂

Posted (edited)

The points earned "onboard" have not made any sense to me. My first sailing, I got 2800 for on-board shopping. I thought maybe it was because of gambling or booking another cruise through the future cruise desk. But then on the very next sailing, I got zero points for on-board shopping even though I gambled just as much. Then the next cruise I got 2100 for on-board shopping. Next cruise, zero again, but I got 200 for "prepaid," whatever that means. Next cruise 2600 for on-board shopping AND 200 for preaid. None of it makes any sense to me. All I know is that I am Diamond and my husband is still only Gold.

Also, to earn 2800 points for onboard shopping, I would have had to spend $4200 . I can assure you, I spent nowhere near that.

Edited by JamieLogical

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

None of it makes any sense to me.

That is because MSC changes the rules for points all the time and they not change it overall but separately for each market. Gambling, DSC, just because you got points two months ago does not mean you will get it again. 

Double voyager points für a cruise? Can be "prepaid", can be on board spending, who knows.

With status match, I started at Gold and with all the crazy point allotments, I got to Diamond super quick, so I am not really bothered by it. My husband only ever sails with me, so he can just benefit from my Diamond status until he gets there himself. 

• Like 1

Somehow i got 10k points on seascape. It was totally random. I was already diamond so in reality it makes no difference 

On 4/5/2024 at 1:17 PM, JamieLogical said:

With status match, I started at Gold and with all the crazy point allotments, I got to Diamond super quick, so I am not really bothered by it. My husband only ever sails with me, so he can just benefit from my Diamond status until he gets there himself. 

Same for us, I matched to Gold and my wife started at zero to preserve her match opportunity just in case we needed it in the future.

Our recent Caribbean cruise added 4,900 for her taking her to Gold, and 6,800 points for me taking me well past the 10,000 for Diamond.

I know that YC helps with the points as did booking the cruise onboard, but I still can't explain the points attributed to 'On-board shopping' for us both...

Not a complaint, obviously 🙂

My story is that I matched my status on January 2024 to silver before my first MSC cruise using points for a single cruise on Costa Smeralda. So they gave me 2200 points before my World Europa cruise. After that cruise, I received 2500 points for that cruise: 500, as expected for Bella exp, then another 700 for prepaid that I find hard to explain and another 1300 for onboard spending even though I’ve spent exactly €4.95). With 100 for singing in before the cruise I had 4800 points at the end of February 2024. Then, in the middle of March I logged into my account to manage my two future cruises and I found out that I have 7800 points. I have no idea where those extra 3000 points came from. It doesn’t explain it neither on my MSC account on their website nor in the app.

So it took me two months and one cruise to get from 0 to 7800 points. Can’t complain but it’s weird, isn’t it?