Summit - What a rust bucket!

kd1224

one thing that has stood out about some  posts about different ships, are the critical comments about rust.    metal ships in salt water = rust.    Even a fine spray has salt and that erodes.  Hard to get at every nook and cranny to wash the ship.   I used to sail on a sailboat in the islands, and was always amazed at the fine salt film on the boat. Every port, we washed her.   How do you do that with a ship?  They try hard.   

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I did Summit NYE 2022 with the then CEO aboard, and her sister Infinity this past summer.

I thought Summit was in outstanding shape, particularly given her age.  Infinity needed some help.  They need to either Revolutionize Infinity or dump the ship, imo.  It wasn't terrible, but not up to Celebrity's standards, imo.  But I felt Summit was up to standard.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3

We sailed full time for 7 years in the islands. Sea salt was a problem all the time as its very corrosive.  It helps to wash with fresh water immediately but not always possible. We loved the summit  & would cruise on her again anytime 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

Guten Morgan @Germancruiser!  Ich denke… the first picture is from near the theater entrance. The picture of the 2 chairs is from the sitting area outside Cellar Masters.  The furnishings and the color schemes combine to give the public spaces a very nice appearance.

Thank you und Guten Morgen - very nice to be greated in German- are you from Germany perhaps? Thanks yes- near the theater, where there was that table and the chairs. Infinity still has the old layout - well she never was revolutionized. Cellar Masters- yes indeed- thx for helping out- I really must say they changed Summit during that major refit almost beyong regocnition- but she looks really stunning.

4 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Infinity got her refit a few weeks back- I was on board after the refit- she look and apeared in fantastic shape - considering her age.

We, too, were on recently and really enjoyed our sailing on Infinity.

• Like 1